Collapse

Idiots in airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you sentiment, & don't see violence as an answer either. I was just blowing off steam.... Also I sometimes feel inadequate outside airsoft, most likely because I work in a poorly paid dead end job. Yet i don't ever feel the need to bully others or cheat....by never acknowledging my hits. I spend most of my time walking back to respawn... I only really play once a month....yet find myself waiting to see what team the usual suspects are choosing so that i can be on the opposite side....

Your answer would press me to say that this problem will always arise and airsoft will always be like this.

One strange example of this.....recently at a game I was playing. Most of the team I was on were waiting to respawn at the same time(due to the game conditions) during which time one of said cheating turds was test shot on the back by a Marshall, then said player decided to turn and point his primary weapon at all of us demanding to know who it was?

This is what your up against!! It's just bizarre too me. I mean, how did said player think this action would end?

Obviously he was banned for life, yet he did it anyway.

Also.....thanks for your input.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Airsoft was not always like this. It used to be a community where people respected each other, helped each other and played fairly.

Thankfully, most players are still like that.

However, with growing popularity comes a different demographic; that is not always good.

I do think the problem is here to stay.

The reason is...humans! I understand why, on a psychological level, players cheat; however, I cannot imagine being in a situation where I would ever do so. Getting hit and respawning or waiting for a medic or whatever is part of the game. Cheating renders the game pointless.

A few weeks ago, I walked off a site because of appalling non-hit taking by the son of the site owner. We could see BBs bouncing off him and see him flinching as he was hit, yet he carried on shooting back. There is no point in playing when that happens.

We went back a few weeks later, because it is a great site, only to permanently leave when a friend of the marshals was allowed to bring an AEG with a full magazine in it into the safe zone at the lunch break, despite this being pointed out to him and the marshals.

Humans!

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
        Airsoft was not always like this. It used to be a community where people respected each other, helped each other and played fairly.

Thankfully, most players are still like that.

However, with growing popularity comes a different demographic; that is not always good.

I do think the problem is here to stay.

The reason is...humans! I understand why, on a psychological level, players cheat; however, I cannot imagine being in a situation where I would ever do so. Getting hit and respawning or waiting for a medic or whatever is part of the game. Cheating renders the game pointless.

A few weeks ago, I walked off a site because of appalling non-hit taking by the son of the site owner. We could see BBs bouncing off him and see him flinching as he was hit, yet he carried on shooting back. There is no point in playing when that happens.

We went back a few weeks later, because it is a great site, only to permanently leave when a friend of the marshals was allowed to bring an AEG with a full magazine in it into the safe zone at the lunch break, despite this being pointed out to him and the marshals.

Humans!
        Amen

This is why after almost exactly 20 years of playing, I no longer have ukara, the mob I used to be registered with folded, great easygoing guys that wouldn't tolerate crap on site, & now having to punt around for somewhere to call home & commit to is proving difficult, too many cheats, Walt's & wannabe operators that won't just play the game as its intended, leaves a bad taste so to speak.
        had 1 enjoyable game last year, gonna give the site (bva) another go, if all's good I'll register with them.
        If not, I'll just have to keep looking ?, Not ready to quit yet

Comment

There has always been knobheads in airsoft.. I've been playing for nearly 18 years and it seems to be much more noticeable over the last few years or so though. regardless of what jobs or other hobbies they do, they tend to come in 2 standard forms and you can usually spot them a mile off, they're usually either the people who are fairly new to the sport that have been playing it for less then a couple of years and haven't quite figured out that non hit taking pisses everyone off, that it's only a bloody game where you shoot toy guns at each other and at the end of the day it's nothing more then that! Or the other type.. Which are regulars at sites who are so chumy with the marshals and owners that they think they can do what ever the fu*k they like and think that the game is something more then shooting toy guns at each other, the ones who are there so much they might as well be part of the furniture! It's even funnier when these same people get to be player marshals (which are pointless!) I genuinely enjoy airsoft more when I'm playing against people similar to me, who don't take it to seriously, don't give a shit that they're kit is a mis- match of stuff from over the years or that you've shot them in the face, and don't care that you've fired your gun a split second later then them but you've hit each other pretty much at the same time and they still take the hit.
          ​​​

Comment

What could possibly be done to the rules or gameplay that would cut out cheating & non sportsman like conduct!...

Where i play, we allready have the "dont be a dick head rule" in the briefing.....though it does not seem to change anything!

Would more marshalls help...or some sort of governing body that regulate marshalls help? That in turn may make the title be taken more serious like....as i never really see them do anything of note. And feel like site owners only inforce saftey violations while not inforcing fair gameplay as getting rid of paying players is bad for business....as that would kill atleast a third of their customers.

What can be done?? Its a terrible shame that a player with 20years experience feels pushed out the game by cheats & walter mitty's.

Why should good players have to just bend over and take it......simply because, "thats how it is these days"........i get life is not fair! Though, it is or should be how you make it!!

Maybe there could be a game day held for good players that had some sort of vetting process.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

I certainly don't feel or would allow myself to be pushed out, but it's disappointing to play a site that has the issues we've all encountered & mentioned, & for it then to be made worse by shite marshals & management that won't do anything about it, for me then the answers simple, I'll vote with my feet & deprive them of future revenue, plus I'll make it known to others that it was crap so hopefully others don't waste their green fees on the site.
              But yeah, last five years or so I've definitely seen a new breed of wankers coming in to the sport, as well as some really great guys (& girls) who thankfully have embraced the true meaning of airsoft & especially fair play.

Comment

Agreed....the spirt of airsoft definitely is fair play.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                  Amen

This is why after almost exactly 20 years of playing, I no longer have ukara, the mob I used to be registered with folded, great easygoing guys that wouldn't tolerate crap on site, & now having to punt around for somewhere to call home & commit to is proving difficult, too many cheats, Walt's & wannabe operators that won't just play the game as its intended, leaves a bad taste so to speak.
                  had 1 enjoyable game last year, gonna give the site (bva) another go, if all's good I'll register with them.
                  If not, I'll just have to keep looking ?, Not ready to quit yet
                  Are you based in Kent? Have you tried Imperium, which is near Faversham? It is a well run site which seems to attract a good bunch of players.

Comment

Originally posted by bumhulio View Post
                    There has always been knobheads in airsoft.. I've been playing for nearly 18 years and it seems to be much more noticeable over the last few years or so though. regardless of what jobs or other hobbies they do, they tend to come in 2 standard forms and you can usually spot them a mile off, they're usually either the people who are fairly new to the sport that have been playing it for less then a couple of years and haven't quite figured out that non hit taking pisses everyone off, that it's only a bloody game where you shoot toy guns at each other and at the end of the day it's nothing more then that! Or the other type.. Which are regulars at sites who are so chumy with the marshals and owners that they think they can do what ever the fu*k they like and think that the game is something more then shooting toy guns at each other, the ones who are there so much they might as well be part of the furniture! It's even funnier when these same people get to be player marshals (which are pointless!) I genuinely enjoy airsoft more when I'm playing against people similar to me, who don't take it to seriously, don't give a shit that they're kit is a mis- match of stuff from over the years or that you've shot them in the face, and don't care that you've fired your gun a split second later then them but you've hit each other pretty much at the same time and they still take the hit.
                    ​​​
                    It seems that we have a similar approach; it is a game and I don't really care if my side wins or loses provided that I have had a good day and the play has been fair and honest with a few good kills.

Comment

I think it can be dealt with by rigorous marshalling and by site owners who are not afraid to kick people out for cheating, rather than stating that they will and then not doing it.

A site that was like that and had well designed games would soon get a good reputation and a good number of players.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post

Are you based in Kent? Have you tried Imperium, which is near Faversham? It is a well run site which seems to attract a good bunch of players.
                        I am, I'm down in greatstone/Romney marsh, & mostly stick to Kent sites nowadays, with the exception of special get togethers etc, although I haven't tried imperium yet.
                        my old team, the Sea Devils were a "mature" team to say the least, but we prided ourselves in playing fair & having a good craic nomatter what, travelling far & wide for games, good times .
                        Apocalypse was an example of a site that was rife with cheats etc, & weak marshalling, & I kept giving it too many "second chances" , only to come away disappointed, but I've heard recently that it's bucked it's ideas up & have agreed to a meet there with some guys on AFUK, we'll see if it's improved lol .
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post

I am, I'm down in greatstone/Romney marsh, & mostly stick to Kent sites nowadays, with the exception of special get togethers etc, although I haven't tried imperium yet.
                          my old team, the Sea Devils were a "mature" team to say the least, but we prided ourselves in playing fair & having a good craic nomatter what, travelling far & wide for games, good times .
                          Apocalypse was an example of a site that was rife with cheats etc, & weak marshalling, & I kept giving it too many "second chances" , only to come away disappointed, but I've heard recently that it's bucked it's ideas up & have agreed to a meet there with some guys on AFUK, we'll see if it's improved lol .
                          ​​​​​​
                          We went to Apocalypse a few weeks ago, having avoided it for years because of its reputation. It turned out to be far better than expected except that there was too much coaching by the marshals, guiding players in the "right" direction. Our defence of the trench system was ruined by a marshal guiding the attackers in. At one point in another game, I told a marshal to fuck off as he was shouting at our group to go in a particular direction; my son and I were happily setting up an ambush but he was insisting that we move where he thought we should.

Imperium is great; it is a big, tough site over which they run sprawling battlesims using a variety of vehicles. The marshalling is robust but friendly and the players seem like the right "sort'.

Comment

The half time coffee and fag chat seems to be leaning towards this nowadays rather than rejoicing our battle victories. During one of these conversations one bloke, a total stranger said it perfectly: it seems more the younger players with the PEQ's, bump lids etc who think they are men for the day, whilst the men just run around enjoy being a boy for the day again.

Not only is cheating a problem but during one game I had enemy run up to me sniper rifle in hand shouting I was cheating! Apparently he and his buddy had hit me several times using "high power scopes". As someone who takes pride in taking a hit when in doubt of being hit, I was racking my brain trying to think when I could have been hit but came up empty. Insultory behaviour at it's finest that goes against the rules ground zero staff read out at the start of the day. Whilst I told him to seek a marshall to tell it to I of course got hit by the enemy and the accuser stomped off shouting "thank you". Maturity at its finest. Needless to say the game took a nosedive at this point..
                            AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

I am not convinced it is just the younger players; I have seen plenty of cheating from those who are old enough to know better, often chaps with large beards and dressed in Crye.

Comment

Lol, don't get me started on silly beards, a beard won't make you an "operator", nor the overpriced, over the top real steel kit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Maldutch Find out more about Maldutch
                                Working...
                                X