Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Offensive Weapons Act

Hi All,

What does everyone think of the new OWA 2019 that is being brought in. I came across this article on the BBC that brought my attention to it and reading the act itself makes me worried that being in simple possession of a stock, VFG, rail etc could be considered an offence (how many of us have bought ‘real’ items for use with RIFs?).

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ng_a_claim.pdf

page 35 of the act makes for some interesting reading

The Offensive Weapons Act 2019 with regards to firearms amends Section 5 of the Firearms Act, that's the part that covers pistol, semi-auto and auto firearms. It was created to outlaw MARS, lever release firearms and bumpstocks which use clever techniques to make a firearm act similar to semi-auto firearms.

Section 57 & 60 deal with surrender and compensation for "ancillary equipment", it however doesn't outlaw it, also "ancillary equipment" means: "has no practicable use in connection with any firearm which is not a prohibited weapon."

So page 35 is only there if you've had to surrender your Section 1 lever release rifle, and you could also be paid for the additional items you bought for it, as long as the items aren't used in any other firearm.

tl;dr: It's not nothing to do with airsoft. Stocks and rails are still legal items, but bump stocks aren't, but that's no applicable to airsoft.
    Last edited by Montana; 10 December, 2020, 21:31.
    Lurker.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

obious Find out more about obious
    Working...
    X