Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back into airsoft!

Hi All!

I'm getting back into Airsoft, but I have decided to use my reenactment gear. I'm after batteries, eye protection and face mask.

But since i left there seems to be a minefield of makes,models and equipment and stores! its all a bit overwhelming. I'm not looking to buy 2nd hand but maybe helpful advice on what to stay clear of? I know I could probably get most of what I want at a site shop but with the current environment i'd rather try to get everything online, if possible from a single shop.
    I've been told to avoid Nuprol lipos and I was looking at ********* **** as its were i got most of my parts back in the day.
    but any advice would be welcome.

my shopping list is as follows.
    1x mesh glasses and elastic strap
    1x mesh face mask and elastic strap
    2x 11.1v lipos
    2x 7.4v lipos
    1x balance charger.

All my batteries bit the dirt many years ago! and the charger is MIA

I haven't decided on the mAh yet, but probably 2200 for both.

Any help or advice would be great!

For batteries, check out the new (year or so old) titan batteries, land warrior stock them not sure who else. Have great reviews, loads of mah per square cm and seem to out perform the standard lipos, not cheap but stats and reviews look awesome. When I replace mine I will do so with titan batteries (currently use nuprol and ********* **** lipos). You will probably need and end up buying fewer but they'll be better.

Heroshark is king for mesh goggles.

Google tigris airsoft mask, it's a mesh mask with fabric sides, a friend has one and rates it for protection, coverage and getting on his optics. If I were to use a facemask again it's what I'd get (I know I should).

As for guns, there seems to have been great developments but it's so sweet subjective there is no point going into detail until you explain what you want. M4, something else, budget, electric, gas etc.

Unlikely you'll get everything from one shop though

sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Ill take a look at those,

I already have a Cyma Thompson AEG, ill be getting either a Sten or just another Thompson as backup.
      My interest is in reenactment and i want to get back into airsoft for fun & exercise :D

Comment

Gunman airsoft are about the only company I know that do ww2 games (along with vietnam, cold war etc) so worth checking them out.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Yea I've looked at their site.

I used to play AA Chobham and Eversly as a regular back in the day. I'm only 10mins form Chobham but the site went a bit poo.
          Was looking at Gunman Eversly or Dogtag as they are about 40-50minutes away from me.

I dont mind being the only WW2 guy :D just can't afford another expensive hobby, still trying to sell my Systema! managed to sell all my Crye stuff though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

skullfacedinfidel Find out more about skullfacedinfidel
          Working...
          X