ASG SVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG SVDs

Hello one and all..i was going to post this in the technical section however its not a technical question more of opinion and change

Whats the difference? i notice A&K have got a version 2 of the gun now that has a midcap mag, higher quality plastic and a better paint job

whats ASG got?

the biggest issue for me with the A&K i had was the cocking back of the gun...

I would get another if it was easier to cock..i would get the c02 kit but thats a joke to put a new cylinder in..oh hang on boys let me just disassemble my rifle!

If not im just going to save n get a Classic army AEG SVD

Re: ASG SVDs

ASG are another rebrander like Cybergun and Umarex. There was a thread some time back and I think it was established that ASG do some JG, CA, Ares and other brands

Unless it's a new/unheard of Eastern manufacturer the SVD looks to be an A&K Version 1 rebrand, though it comes fitted with a spring putting out 300-350fps. Apart from that, the spec looks pretty much identical

Comment

that would explain the videos of people with em cocking them back with ease..

Comment

i own the a&k ver1, and to be honest it was a better gun after downgrading to 350fps.
        it was easier to cock and using .25,s was quite accurate at decent ranges
        m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

I had one stock and it was breaking all the bbs when the bolt would slam back into battery ....was such a nice gun though i do miss mine

how fast n easy is it to cock back after downgrading to 350 because if get another one over a classic army AEG ill need some speed.

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
            i own the a&k ver1, and to be honest it was a better gun after downgrading to 350fps.
            it was easier to cock and using .25,s was quite accurate at decent ranges
            Agreed, when I had one I found the hop got a bit too enthusiastic at 500fps, but it was much better at 340 with .28s

It's very easy to cock at 350fps, faster than a VSR due to the lever going in only one direction

ASG also do rebrands of the CA AEG SVDs if that's more your boat

Comment

what sort of ranges was it pumping out at 350 ish fps

Comment

Body size groupings at ~45m stock

Comment

Fair play..

didnt know they did rebrand CA's too do you mind pming a shop i only know of one and thats around £400 ish as a classic army not ASG

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
                  Working...
                  X