X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blytm
    replied
    Re: New WE MSK GBBR

Bare in mind its based on something which is an 11 year old design. If they've not put a brass deflector one its either due to the original not having one (which I can see) so the other option being its because it's a toy.

If memory serves correct the Bushmaster doesn't have a deflector?

Either way, I did my best to help all the questions it's more than you knew before

I'll try get WE to comment on here.

Leave a comment:

• dave38x
    replied
    It's not exact, it doesmt have a brass deflector for one...

Sent from outer space

Leave a comment:

• silasloki
    replied

Originally posted by blytm View Post
    Because I shot with one of WE's top guys on sunday who told me all about it prior to its release...
    Fair enough, still doesn't go anyway towards providing empirical evidence that the WE rifle is an exact replica of the real steel. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully up for getting this, but I've got no illusions that this will be to the ACR what the Vipertech is to the M4!! Not in this lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• Apurturesci
    replied

Does the real ACR not have a brass deflector? Side of the gun looks pretty empty.

Leave a comment:

• blytm
    replied

Because I shot with one of WE's top guys on sunday who told me all about it prior to its release...

Leave a comment:

• silasloki
    replied

How can you say it's an "exact" copy of an ACR when I can see discrepancies vs the real rifle in photos. Not to mention it's not even out yet, so you can't even do a dimensional appraisal........not to mention, do you have a real ACR to compare this against???

Leave a comment:

• blytm
    replied

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
    Yeah looks like a massive bolt carrier, can't imagine that moving very fast...
    Lighter weight bolt.

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
    Its using the same principle for the recoil spring as the beta project kit also, and from comparing the photo to the internals of my converted Masada, the spring guide setup looks to be close to identical. Almost as if they've re-engineered it to work with their own GBB systems. Just hoping that it doesn't run hot, as WE confirmed that we are to expect it to be on sale in the next fortnight on their facebook page. If it runs hot, I suspect we will be waiting a fair amount of time to catch up with an NPAS.
    NPAS's are all the same just some require the actual gun's nozzle to be modified slightly.

Originally posted by felix80 View Post
    i think all the WE NPASs fit as i have the same NPAS in my g39 as i have in my Scar, and if a certain place sells them then it will come with 1 fitted. as its a WE it will run hot as they have different FPS limit in Taiwan then here (in fact everywhere pretty much is higher than the UK)

PS before you jump all over me Iain, i did say i think
    See above.

Originally posted by Coski View Post
    I suspect they'll just do a 10.5 inch barrel. It's a pretty niche market, and I don't think the 18 inch barrel would attract enough interest unless they did a longer handguard with it.

You never know what RA Tech may produce though.
    The point of putting the QD barrel in is for extras so CQB etc etc

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
    Actually the handguard is based on the Remington acr handguard, as is the rest of the gun. It's a pretty good copy to my untrained eye

Sent from outer space
    It is an exact copy of the Remington ACR.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• dave38x
    replied
    Actually the handguard is based on the Remington acr handguard, as is the rest of the gun. It's a pretty good copy to my untrained eye

Sent from outer space

Leave a comment:

• Apurturesci
    replied

Yeah there was a kit, but this is a full gun. Certain elements are WEs own design like the lack of a brass deflector and new handguard.

Leave a comment:

• ElZer0
    replied

Hopefully there sell the handgaurd seperately....

And replicate that barrel as a aeg..

Anyone know if its a complete rifle or swap over bit to the gbb system - as i saw one a few years ago where you swapped over certain bits

Leave a comment:

• gorilla
    replied

defo need to see a video of that, its making me think of getting back into airsoft!

Leave a comment:

• hapi
    replied

And I was going to change from ACR's to something else. It looks like its based on the Remington ACR as opposed to the Bushmaster ACR/Magpul Masada. Have to see if its got the latest non recipricating charging handle or the standard masada one.

Leave a comment:

• dave38x
    replied

That is very pretty.

Shame about the little let downs (grub screwed on flash hider for example). Why couldn't they actually finish it off nicely by say, timing the brake correctly?

Leave a comment:

• seansamurai1
    replied

AK conversion run.
    That would be nice, seeing that's what the real ACRs party trick is.

Leave a comment:

• Coski
    replied

I suspect they'll just do a 10.5 inch barrel. It's a pretty niche market, and I don't think the 18 inch barrel would attract enough interest unless they did a longer handguard with it.

You never know what RA Tech may produce though.

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

felix80 aged 31 been in the Andrew for 8 yrs now, based in Yeovilton with CHF (Commando Helicopter Force) attached to 846NAS and Im Jack as F**K so I'm told Find out more about felix80
Working...
X