Hephaestus Tavor (Project T)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hephaestus Tavor (Project T)

Anyone buzzing their tits off for this beast?

GHK-based internals, can buy as a whole package or drop it into an existing AEG shell.

Almost makes owning an ARES TAR-21 worth it in the end.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Re: Hephaestus Tavor (Project T)

Having watched a certain video, it looks a little rough round the edges. Not sure its going to be that great to be honest.
    Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

ROF in full auto a little sluggish and a mushy trigger pull? Sounds like something for the aftermarket to solve unless Heph. do a gen 2 further down the line.

Internals are all G5 compatible, so shouldn't be a bitch to fix should something go wrong.

Comment

Was wondering where this thread was! It looks incredible - I haven't seen any info about a drop-in kit though...

Comment

One of the videos on Youtube mentions they will sell it as a drop in kit to fix the ARES or S&T Tavors.

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.

Comment

There's not been any mention of the kit from Hephaestus since. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've decided not to open the can of worms that is trying to instruct amateurs to convert a gun from AEG to GBB. Just imagine the creative ways airsofters could screw that up and make twenty-minute long incoherent YouTube rants complaining about it.

Comment

Not all of us have got backgrounds in mechanical engineering though Puresilver Whilst I agree most airsoft modification work is pretty straightforward, especially GBB, - it's specifically designed to be - I think the main barrier for people is the confidence to fiddle around with a significant investment, with the fear of irreversibly screwing something up if you get it wrong. I spent at least a year petrified of field stripping my Inokatsu down completely, before deciding I had to in order to get the performance to an acceptable level. It's simple things like hardware such as screws or punch pins being really securely fastened or stiff. Most people are used to cheap consumer electronics rather than military or near-military grade hardware - what you think is enough force to break it is actually what's required just to get the bloody thing out/loose/off!

Back on topic though, I was quite disappointed with the video produced by that infamous Hong Kong based retailer. They seemed to imply that the scope and silencer were included w/ the gun - not extras worth almost the price of the gun itself. That rear mounted hop-up seems like a bit of a poor piece of design as well - you have to take off the rear sight to access it? Great news if you've not got a scope...

Does anyone know status of compatibility with existing aftermarket parts, say for the G5? They apparently modified the G5 engine to allow for the bullpup design, which raises questions about how that will interact with parts designed for the original. ATM, 440fps is way too hot for here, and I'm just wondering if the NPAS or nozzles for the G5 are likely to work.
              I'm also quite curious about whether anyone else has any experience of WA magazine compatibility with the G5? I've heard varying reports about how the roller in PMAGs can damage the nozzle...
              Last edited by TomFahey; 19 May, 2015, 15:14.

Comment

I'd put money on a G5 nozzle being a straight fit.

I don't think that hop unit is any more awkward to access than say, a WE M4/L85 hop unit but then you can't really get much more awkward than that.

Yes that HK video is very misleading, I thought Hephaestus were being very generous throwing a branded supressor and RDS in for the money.

NugentGI has put a shooting demo up on Youtube and it demonstrates a very consistent ROF in full auto, not too dissimilar to a G5's as it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                  I'd put money on a G5 nozzle being a straight fit.

I don't think that hop unit is any more awkward to access than say, a WE M4/L85 hop unit but then you can't really get much more awkward than that.
                  Before I installed my prime hop-up chamber (which still requires me to remove the bolt and push a very small allen key into a hole near the barrel assembly - a hole located so it's not possible to spin the key more than about 50 degrees due to the L shape hitting the receiver walls, therefore requiring constant manual ratcheting) into my Inokatsu, the only way to access the hop-up was to take off the top barrel ris rail of :/

Originally posted by Olphy View Post

Yes that HK video is very misleading, I thought Hephaestus were being very generous throwing a branded supressor and RDS in for the money.

NugentGI has put a shooting demo up on Youtube and it demonstrates a very consistent ROF in full auto, not too dissimilar to a G5's as it happens.
                  1dbcf8c6878cab296d43e33b873e4e14.jpg

Comment

Looks like they are "throwing in" the branded suppressor and RDS - just not for the same amount, lol.

Comment

Wouldn't bother, a Chinese T1 is all the optic you'll ever need in Airsoft.

Comment

The nozzle, hop, and trigger mechanism are from the GHK G5. The shell is the S&T Pro body. The rest of the internals are custom made/machined by Hephaetus (o.k. barrel may be off the shelf, not sure). It is only R..W... who are selling it at $100 more with the red dot/green laser (so can't be used at most UK airsoft sites) scope and silencer. Most other places sold out within days of receiving their allocation.

There was talk at first about a drop in kit, but nothing since. Some have taken this to mean it allows Hephaestus to drop it in to other bullpups - certainly they have a test rig for a RS based Type 97 (which will almost certainly cost more than the Tavor or HTS-14).

Mine is presently sitting at UK customs :D

Comment

Now all someone needs to do is make a Ruger Muzzelite in .223 flavour GBB and I'm complete.

Comment

They need to do a GBB SR25 or Famas XD
                            The clown has no penis

Comment

F*ck that, how about a GBB P90?!?!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olphy Find out more about Olphy
                              Working...