• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robharris21
    replied
    Re: PTW for the masses

Originally posted by richardy View Post
    Thats it really isnt it guys,.. everyone wants one of those mp5s but for me i would never use it as my main gun but id like one as a back up, and a back tw5 is crazy! so these A&Ks especially if they have simply copyed the ptw hop and are on par performance wise will be very popular indeed!

States will get most of the first shipment i reckon
    i don't think they will par a systema ptw's performance wise but they could be a good investment. i.e. still better than an upgraded aeg just not quite as good as the systema's..

and regarding the mp5's i couldnt be less interested.... lol i take no interests in smaller guns even thoguh they are good....

Leave a comment:

• THE-ROGER
    replied

Can sombody please do a cheap intervention?!

Leave a comment:

• ThePope
    replied

Yeah was thinking same on the TW5 Richardy, nice hopefully cheap backup with 3round burst.

Leave a comment:

• THE-ROGER
    replied

They made PTW mags a while ago and they were ok apparently .

Leave a comment:

• richardy
    replied

Thats it really isnt it guys,.. everyone wants one of those mp5s but for me i would never use it as my main gun but id like one as a back up, and a back tw5 is crazy! so these A&Ks especially if they have simply copyed the ptw hop and are on par performance wise will be very popular indeed!

States will get most of the first shipment i reckon

Leave a comment:

• tisane
    replied

Now thats what i want, not having to sell one of my kids to get a ptw deffo keep an eye out for the mp5.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied

that MP5 is catching my eye with the 3 round burst.

Leave a comment:

• robharris21
    replied

thats cool but will they live up to the name.... me no think so!:p

i will definately consider one tho, someone need s to do a review when they get one.

Leave a comment:

• ThePope
    replied

Was going to say a hopefully cheap MP5 with burst....

Leave a comment:

• Coz
    replied

WOOOOOOO an mp5 with burst fire, now i wonder if i could get an sd front end to fit

cheers for the news bud

Leave a comment:

• GREG_BURTON
    replied

SWEET!!! definitely something to look into. can see alot of systema owners may be annoyed at the PTW side but the A&K will probably not perform as will in a skirmish.

Leave a comment:

• richardy
    started a topic PTW for the masses

PTW for the masses

Thats right, A&k Have produced a PTW. I believe im right in saying typically A&K pricing is some what less than other guns, i believe there m60 and other guns are quite popular.

Theres all kinds of unknowns here, is it system ecu internals, are the mags backwards compatible with ptw guns. I think i saw 200rds mags for the Mp5 version on the website, if so that could be a god send to current tw5 owners. Is it full metal as per what the website says.

You can already see from the pcitures its using the slim line motors and grips and body, are the motors backwards compatible with systema.. ironically this A&k could end up being a cheaper upgrade kit for older ptw owners than the official system kit.

Any ways the last PTW clone the CTW was all round an expensive replica which turned out to be no good and hard to source.

A&Ks have a nice price point so any of there other failings are exceptable if you havent had to pay that much for it.

The going rate for a new ptw is about 1300 not including a box of mags

I think the average A&k is 200! this could be interesting.

About the Author

Collapse

richardy Working as a Field Engineer for NCR Corperation. Find out more about richardy
Working...
X