PTS MAWL - Info and Release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS MAWL - Info and Release date?

Anyone managed to dig up anympre info regarding the BE Meyers MAWL replica by PTS? Really excited to get my hands on one but it seems PTS has gone quiet about it... been almost a year.

Attached Files

Nothing has been released yet, I've looked a lot for any sign. Considering they went on about the mtek flux replicas for around a year before release I wouldn't expect you'd see it soon based on their lack of hype around it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by emergencychimp View Post
      Nothing has been released yet, I've looked a lot for any sign. Considering they went on about the mtek flux replicas for around a year before release I wouldn't expect you'd see it soon based on their lack of hype around it.
      I'd be so disappointed if they dont release it! I've always wanted one but not gonna pay for the $2400 price tag lol for airsoft!!

If there is any info on this please post in here.

Comment

I e-mailed them a few weeks ago and pretty much got "you'll hear when you hear". I reckon next year at the earliest.

Comment

In the meantime, if you're interested in higher quality and different peq options. Check out somogear, they have release and clone of the ngal and it's very good on first impressions.

Good build, good ir, which can be zeroed. Feels like the best peq I have owned.
          sigpic

Comment

In the meantime, if you're interested in higher quality and different peq options. Check out somogear, they have release and clone of the ngal and it's very good on first impressions.

Good build, good ir, which can be zeroed. Feels like the best peq I have owned.
            Oh nice, do they ship to the UK? There are no quality items like this that i have seen.

Comment

Yeah, mine arrived quite quick (6 days) but I paid for fast shipping. I cancelled my first order with them because after 9 days they hadnt shipped it, they didn't have any in stock. I heard more positive reviews and then saw they had some in stock so tried again.

The customer service I had when cancelling was good, others have reported good customer service too. On my successful purchase I didn't need to speak with their customer service.

The product itself is very good, best I have seen (ACM peq, fma la5, element la5, g&p dbal, real peq2) but it still early days and not fielded yet) so impression are on zeroing, clearing the house etc.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanNo2 View Post
                I e-mailed them a few weeks ago and pretty much got "you'll hear when you hear". I reckon next year at the earliest.
                If you hear anything else do let us all know, its one of the products i think thats actually worth waiting for. Theres nothing else like it on the market for airsoft as far as i know of.

Comment

Yeah, mine arrived quite quick (6 days) but I paid for fast shipping. I cancelled my first order with them because after 9 days they hadnt shipped it, they didn't have any in stock. I heard more positive reviews and then saw they had some in stock so tried again.

The customer service I had when cancelling was good, others have reported good customer service too. On my successful purchase I didn't need to speak with their customer service.

The product itself is very good, best I have seen (ACM peq, fma la5, element la5, g&p dbal, real peq2) but it still early days and not fielded yet) so impression are on zeroing, clearing the house etc.

Im tempted by it, but dunno whether to do it or not... Got my first game coming up in 3 weeks at borderlands, would be an opportunity to try it out if i do get one. I've only ever had the element peq and the G&P dbals which i both liked in particular the dbal as it was a full metal construction but came with a heavy price tag. These Somo ones seem similar built, how would you compare it to the dbals?

Comment

JayW

Better.

It's metal, the white light is bright, the clicks to adjust work better on the lasers, dialing in is easy. The lasers are powerful enough but not too powerful. The profile is smaller and the controls are better.

The controls work like the element, momentary on but double tap and it stays on. Works like that for all settings. The settings are more straightforward than the dbal. The plug is better.

It has a lower profile so interferes with your red dot less (therefore interfered with my buis too much).

My only complaint is the tan is a bit shiny gold
                    sigpic

Comment

JayW

Better.

It's metal, the white light is bright, the clicks to adjust work better on the lasers, dialing in is easy. The lasers are powerful enough but not too powerful. The profile is smaller and the controls are better.

The controls work like the element, momentary on but double tap and it stays on. Works like that for all settings. The settings are more straightforward than the dbal. The plug is better.

It has a lower profile so interferes with your red dot less (therefore interfered with my buis too much).

My only complaint is the tan is a bit shiny gold
                      Ah forgot to ask as well! Will it work with or have you tested it with the Night evolution Augmented dual switches?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JayW Find out more about JayW
                      Working...
                      X