A&K M1892 Winchester Gas Powered Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K M1892 Winchester Gas Powered Rifle

Just spotted this on a youtube channel and i noticed it's pricetag is not all that dear clocking in at around 125-165 USD excluding shipping from HK

Apparently the seals are made much better than the leaking god marushin version (and its ACM clone variant)

Forgive me if this has been mentioned previously but searches came up to zilch for me.
    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Re: A&K M1892 Winchester Gas Powered Rifle

I must say thats peaked my interest. Just checked a reveiw of it on youtube and the feedback seems very good, with good accuracy up to 200 feet, although that was on propane at 480-500 FPS!

Only downside the reveiwer mentioned is that theyre very hard to come across abroad, never mind the UK!

Comment

I have found a site ;-)
      www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

The latest run of Marushin Winchesters are very good and handle propane with no problems, I've been making shots out to 50 meters with mine with no problems of leaks at all.

The A&K one is pretty much what you would expect from a clone. Everything is a bit cheaper and not quite as good as the gun it's based on.

Deffo worth a punt, but I picked a Marushin in the end.
        It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

Though be careful about the non-removable magazine, meaning it's not safe in a safe zone unless it's empty.

Comment

i want one of these, dman my lack of cash!

as for the non removable mag, surely it has a saftey catch or just keep you finger off the trigger (if it can fire without you pulling the trigger then, well you need a preist)

Comment

Originally posted by MADMAN983 View Post
              as for the non removable mag, surely it has a saftey catch or just keep you finger off the trigger (if it can fire without you pulling the trigger then, well you need a preist)
              If the hammer's down, and it gets knocked, it will fire.
              As for a safety: I think that only stops it being cocked (locks the lever). And I'm sure you'll get many people tell you to NEVER rely on a safety catch...

Comment

my finger is my safety catch

Comment

Did you miss the part where I mentioned it would fire if the hammer was knocked?

Comment

so just uncock the hammer or fire a shot to uncock the hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                      Did you miss the part where I mentioned it would fire if the hammer was knocked?
                      well what moron would have it cocked in the safe zone..

Comment

TBH, having it cocked would be SAFER!

The gun is fired by the hammer hitting the striker - if the hammer is resting on the striker and is hit, it will fire the gun. This is NOT like a GBB pistol, the hammer actually does the striking on this rifle.

BTW, this isn't theory - I OWN one of the ACM versions.

Comment

Mine turned up today.

I now have both the San Jia and the A&K versions. They ARE different, but they are both clones of the same rifle.

To start with the San Jia has "Trademarks" on the back strap and the A&K is totally unbranded.

My San Jia needed a lot of work to get shooting nicely and to stop leaking gas everywhere, but its now a good rifle. Unfortunately the San Jia version shoots roughly 360fps on 134a and just under 600fps on green gas
                          This does mean that with 134a its a nice site friendly rifle, and the gas goes on for a few loads too.

After a very quick chrono today the A&K version seems to shoot 250fps on 134a so I'm guessing on green it'll be up around the 320-350fps mark but I'll try and chrono it to let everyone know.

The SJ came with a wooden grip and stock set and the quality of wood was very nice, but the finish was sort of yellow. So after a refinish its come out lovely.
                          The A&K came with the plastic grip and stock set, which doesn't look that bad, but when holding it you definately notice how hollow it feels and sounds.

Hopup works great on both rifles, but the SJ comes out top on quality as the A&K adjustment lever wobbles quite a bit. Will look into it as it may be fixable.

Cocking is smooth and works great on both brands, but the A&K comes out top with the underlever retaining spring clip. If you shake of knock the SJ while not holding the underlever it just drops downwards by itself.

Paint finish is good on both, but for different reasons.
                          SJ is a semi-gloss paint that does tend to chip but looks a lot like black military paint.
                          A&K is finished in some sort of black Electro-static coating which comes out very matt in finish but is pretty tough.

Metal wise, the SJ is pot ally with some steel parts. That said, its not total crap.
                          A&K seems to be nicely cast ally with steel parts. The fit seems better than the SJ and is quite nice.

Will try and sort out some pics soon and I'll also try and find out why the SJ is so much more powerful than the A&K.

Comment

How accurately and far do they both shoot?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sabbath I just love Black Sabbath :) Find out more about Sabbath
                            Working...
                            X