X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gasman
    replied
    Re: G&G G980 KAR98k

Unpacked mine today and put a few mags through her, a couple of LP and a couple of HP, after these shooting became intermittent and power dropped off. Investigation revealed I had fitted to my Rifle, the absolute rubbish Zinc alloy Hammer that had worn enough to cause these problems.

Contacted the seller who has just received the Steel Hammers and who are sending one to replace defective item, Initially, when it was shooting it was lovely . Also ordered a weaver rail mount for a scope as the ZF41 at 1 1/2 mag isn't much use to me, no wonder they lost the war!

Leave a comment:

• pmac(BT)
    replied

Looks nice. Few things
    Do you know if this is an exact copy of the tanaka,whats the hops like(have you dismantled it yet)
    the FPS is an issue even if the first 10 shots are hot that could cause issues and i can see accidents happening

Leave a comment:

• gasman
    replied

Receiving mine nxt week so nice to see your comments ref accuracy and range, will let you know how it goes

Leave a comment:

• PureSilver
    replied

Originally posted by BaggyPants View Post
    What do you think the Israelis used in Palestine in the late '40s? We have K98s and MG42s with postwar Israeli markings on them
    I know - unfortunately the postwar Israeli stuff is more band-aid style attempts to 'purify' the guns, which basically involved stamping new markings all over them. Not very convincing, sadly; I just can't bring myself to buy something that's got swastikas plastered all over it, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• Discoshrew
    replied

Nobody else picked one of these up yet?

Leave a comment:

• MiloXC3
    replied

Looks amazing!

Leave a comment:

• BaggyPants
    replied

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
    Saw one of these at my local, lovely gun. Not very appropriate for a Jew, I fear.
    What do you think the Israelis used in Palestine in the late '40s? We have K98s and MG42s with postwar Israeli markings on them

Leave a comment:

• PureSilver
    replied

Saw one of these at my local, lovely gun. Not very appropriate for a Jew, I fear.

Leave a comment:

• Discoshrew
    replied

and over all performance is great!

the co2 keeps going & going! the hop took a little while to bed in and tbh i think it probably needs another 50 odd rounds before it settles.

but shes light (ish) quiet as hell, shoots nice & straight & turns alot of heads. all in all very happy

Leave a comment:

• Discoshrew
    replied

cheers.

after skirmishing with her today i've noticed the barrel is slightly skew wiff, abit off centre leaning to the right so the hop was whipping the bb to the right & up. had a play over lunch & got her hitting a foot x foot sign 10/10 at 50m. dare say she does that & half again though.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfgeorge
    replied

Very beautiful man... How is it performs?

Wolf

Leave a comment:

• cheesenibbler
    replied

That is seriously nice can I ask how decent the range is on it?

Leave a comment:

• Discoshrew
    replied

actually its very consistent once the bulb has settled. a new bulb will start at 600fps but will drop to a constant 490-505 after around 10 shots for the remaining 50 or so shots before it wants replacing (best done with no bb's in and before chrono)

Leave a comment:

• Yivo
    replied

Damn nice looking rifle, shame that the FPS is all over the place on them :L

Leave a comment:

• Rh7an
    replied

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, nice bit of kit you have there, would love to own one

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Discoshrew Find out more about Discoshrew
Working...
X