X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanBeresford
    replied
    Re: SCAR Thread

Quick update on how my SCAR is performing. Unfortunately I haven't had chance to test it in the snow as my last game date I couldn't reach the site due to poor road conditions. Next game is on the 8/1 so I'll test it out again then. I did however use it last at Drakelow Tunnels - F&O The Outpost - and it was flawless all day, and I had a blinding day with it, getting 9 kills with it in one engagement before running out of ammo (plus another 5 from a well timed BFG throw). I'd say upwards of 25 confirmed kills with it all day, plus others from my BFG, M203 and pistol. Best days airsofting I've ever had in terms of how on form I was. :D

I'll get some more photos of it for later, but here's my current load out with it - my PMC look:

Leave a comment:

• Nickona
    replied

I have to say I was never a big fan of Scars but after seeing some othese I really like them!

Leave a comment:

• seansamurai1
    replied

Just under where the sight hinges, either side there should be 2 allen screws, take those out and you should be able to wobble the front sight out (just take a peek of the picture a few posts above you will see what I mean)

Leave a comment:

• Bust-Em
    replied

does anyone know how to remove a vfc front sight

it doesn't have any hex screws on it or anything?

Leave a comment:

• S3V3R
    replied

My camera has been broken, however my course mate lent me a 3-D camera... I've taken millions of 3D photos but thought i'd take a 2d one to put on here...
    This is my stock WE scar. Had it since end of October. Plan is to fit a barrel extention, CNC bolt carrier, CNC trigger mech & run CO2... obviously it has an NPAS.
    It usually has an EOLAD on it but the mount is threading.. so until I can solve that, im not using it.

Leave a comment:

• Orion1
    replied

Bust-Em has been banned AGAIN!

Also I want a Scar WA need to make one and then I will buy one!

Leave a comment:

• gunslinger11
    replied

Bust Em- next time it snows and it’s a game day, i will film my WE running full auto for you. I would put a tenner on the fact i could fire off 38rounds (i have modded all my mags) with no visible cooldown!

Perhaps then you could re-consider your opinion on GBBR's, thats when you un-banned that is. :P

Leave a comment:

• gunslinger11
    replied

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
    I would love to run CO2 because I hear is it far more consistent... However none of my local sites will allow CO2 on principle...
    Using co2 in your GBBR's is like feeding them redbull. It is amazing. Yes, you really must have the full deal in terms of RA-Tech parts, but that is outweighed by the recoil, ROF increase, and general awesomeness the gun will give you. The NPAS in conjunction with co2 really does make the ultimate airsoft weapon platform in my opinion. Nothing compares to it!
    All I do to keep the parts going nicely is dry fire the gun using the stock green gas magazine filled with abbey maintenance gas at the end of each day and line my mags up and drop a few drops of silicon oil in my co2 outlet's and tap the valve a few times to work the oil in.

Leave a comment:

• Dorsettrooper
    replied

Righty ho,

Kinda had a tidy on this messy thread , appologies to everyone that got insulted by a certain user.

Carry on and keep it clean folks !

DT

Leave a comment:

• BAMF
    replied

Joefuski has just sold a brand new black WE Scar. He extols the virtues of it as he actually owns two and THAT is all he runs...Winter OR Summer.

A good video to watch about WE Scars, is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8bu...=youtube_gdata

The guy recognises issues, but also describes how to resolve them, without just giving up on gas and sticking with AEGs. As we're all well aware, AEGs require zero maintenance and will NEVER break!

Here's a couple of Scar pics, to get us all back on track...and yes, they have different serial numbers, as I'ev owned multiple Scars.

Happy with them?

Leave a comment:

• Orion1
    replied

Just so very annoying that he thinks he is right.

Right anyway: Does anyone have any info on the new black TM Scar?

Leave a comment:

• Orion1
    replied

Today on Jeremy Kyle a fourm member displays his problems on a fourm.

Also I am not forty as I am in the last year of Uni. (Well After my Gap Yah so add a year)

GBB is the way forward, The G39 works in -20C. There is no reason the own an AEG now and in a few years they will be less and less of them.

Please buy a GBBR and actualy see how it is.

Leave a comment:

• S3V3R
    replied

Originally posted by V.A.K
    my tmp is perfect and i've used it as a primary many a time same with my tm pistols i've played woodland armed just with them.
    GBBR EBR reliability => AEG G36 reliability

My only gripe with GBBRS is they are not amazingly consisent with FPS.
    I would love to run CO2 because I hear is it far more consistent... However none of my local sites will allow CO2 on principle...

Leave a comment:

• S3V3R
    replied

Originally posted by Bust-Em
    gbbr are crap

i can bring up countless vids of random small parts braking its simply not a field gun
    I have 2 GBBRs and 1 AEG. There are a further 4 AEGS in my house. To date, the GBBRs are the only ones that havent had difficult or major problems.

They break no more regularly than AEGs. The main problem is that people dont know how to maintain them (im still getting there with my SCAR). The other problem is they are still quite new and need a few more years because the novelty factors wears off. ATM everyone is like:
    OMG I HAVE A GBBR M4 BLAH BLAH BLAH OMG... (then something breaks)... OMG SOMETHINGS IS BROKEN. FML. IM GOING TO HANG MYSELF

where as with AEGs, they've been around so long that no one really cares.

My EBR (as stock) was so realiable I only made modifications because I wanted it as a 425fps DMR.
    My SCAR has had no modifications on it. Admittely, I broke a few bits whilst working out how to care for it... However I havent broken it any more then when I first opened my first AEG...

And a good modified GBBR will cost you know more than a decent AEG. My GBBR SCAR (if fully modded) could total £450 (Currently has cost me £300). My AEG G36 has cost me nearly £600 to the same extent.

It doesnt sound like you've used one...

Leave a comment:

• DanBeresford
    replied

To be truthful cool down has never been an issue for me as I barely use it on full auto anyway. I stick to semi, and only switch to full in a tight spot when a couple of short bursts will make an attacking enemy think twice lol.

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
Working...
X