The LR300 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LR300 thread.

Seeing as every type of Armalite varient has been covered, I thought I would start one dedicated to the best of them. The LR300.

A bit of real steel history for those interested, for those who arent then scroll down now to se my very unproffesional photos.

The LR 300 is an assault rifle and conversion kit designed and manufactured by Z-M Weapons. It is based on the AR-15 platform and is broadly similar to the United States service rifle, the M16.

The weapon is touted as an 'excellent entry weapon system' indicating a suitability for military use in close quarters battle which often involves aggressive and rapid building entries requiring a compact yet powerful selective fire weapon.

Also notable is the rifle's capability to use a fully folding and adjustable skeletal stock. Most AR-15/M16 rifle variants have a thick, cylindrical recoil buffer tube, more properly called the receiver extension, that protrudes approximately 20 cm straight back from the rear of the receiver, and the firearm cannot operate without it. This normally precludes the use of anything but fixed or telescoping stocks. The LR 300 however uses an adapted version of the AR-15's standard direct impingement gas operating system which removes the need for a receiver extension.

The gas key is extended beyond its normal length to form an operation rod, such as an M14 or AK47, extending into the top of the forward handguard. The gas key contains the return spring which is fixed between the front of the receiver and the collar at the front of the gas key. The gas tube runs backwards from the gas block in the front sight base and enters the gas key. In this way when the firearm fires at least some of the combustion gases from inside the gas tube are vented into the handguard area rather than the receiver. This means the standard buffer assembly is not required at the rear of the weapon, allowing a folding stock to be fitted to reduce the overall length of the weapon, and reduces gas fouling in the receiver.

LR-300MLs have flat top receivers with Picatinny rails, allowing them to be used with multiple types of sighting systems. The trigger, along with the charging handle, forward assist, magazine release and bolt hold release are identical to those of the AR-15. The barrel has a 1:9 twist ratio, is chrome lined and the muzzle is fitted with a Phantom flash suppressor.

This is my pride and joy, and fear bringer for those on the business end.:D

Feel free to ad your own LR300s ups. No M4s with folding stocks allowed here, just the LR300.
    Enjoy, thanks. Sean
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Re: The LR300 thread.

Finally, a place where we can see the pure sexiness that is the LR300. Lord of the Armalites.

102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

That looks much like the very sought after and in a word sexual prime kit!
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

^ 'Tis indeed.

I had my A&K for about a year and then decided to upgrade just before Christmas. Had to buy a load of new mags for the Prime and a couple of batteries because my old ones wouldn't fit (different magwell and smaller foregrip), all that on top of the kit and internals as well! Not actually taken her to a game yet - first one next week.

I've also still got my old A&K (shown in my sig) as well but I can't bear to sell her yet; she served me well!

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Just in case anyone's interested, here's a comparison (not good quality) of the Prime (top) next to the A&K.

Slightly different setups. The Prime has a Tango Down pistol grip, Aimpoint (with front iron sight removed) and standard Phantom flash hider. It also has full trademarks. The A&K has the unique looking ZM Weapons copy pistol grip and iron sights as standard, and I've stuck a supressor on too (not my cup of tea, but I thought people might want to see what it would look like).

Comment

Very nice indeed, I had a suppressor on mine for a while and it looked OK.
            Waiting for my new Prime folding retractable stock to arrive, so once Iv rebuilt the beast (in the process of fitting a mosfet) Ill get a fresh pic up with the new stock (the proper version).

Comment

I saw that you were looking to buy that stock. I have to admit that I was half tempted myself. Personally though, whilst I think the bigger stock is more practical with it's retracting abilities, I just prefer the look of the standard one that I've got on now.

Have you seen the new LR300s that 'Evolution Airsoft' are producing. They have very ugly front ends on them.

Comment

I have seen them, but not up close, as for the stock it arrived, looks lovely, shame its gone the wrong attachment on it, its for a flat backed M4 receiver rather than the receiver with the small stub tube on it.

Comment

my blooody stock fell apart last game day will upload pictures when i get new one

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Moran View Post
                    my blooody stock fell apart last game day will upload pictures when i get new one

If the hinge piece itself is still in one piece Ill buy that from ya, thats the bit I need for the Prime stock.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      If the hinge piece itself is still in one piece Ill buy that from ya, thats the bit I need for the Prime stock.
                      yes the hinge piece is fine i just lost the pin it came flying out when i folded the stock

by the way whats that sling in your 2nd photo i am looking for somthing like it
                      Last edited by Liam Moran; 2 February, 2011, 08:08.

Comment

Cool, the sling is a magpul PTS sling I think, it's the one that goes from a single point to a 2 point with the use of a sling, I ordered mine from hong kong with the ASAP sling plate because it was cheaper than the UK!

Comment

Ahhh! Fellow LR300 fans! I'll post some pics up but I have a Prime LR300, bought from our friends at Zero One back in 04! It's got a tight-bore barrel added along with the usual Systema hop, as well as some other technical stuff I can't remember but apparently makes it shoot better or something. I added the LR300 front pistol grip but have just taken it off again! I run it with a 'real-steel' red-dot brought in from Russia - awesome optics apparently!

And now I'm going to get my grubby little hands on the new 'Evo-Airsoft' LR300 electric blowback. I'm liking the ML-AXLT version. Your thoughts?

Comment

I have not really heard anything about the evo versions. The receiver and finish looks very nice, but personally I'm not sure about the RIS frontend.

Comment

Agreed, I don't like the full RIS front end. The AXLT version has a 'combo' handguard - shorter RIS rails and the 'smooth' handguard. Looks much better and in reality is all I'll need, as I won't be sticking loads of trick things on it, just a Taclight for urban.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                              Working...
                              X