Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L1a1 slr

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
    Nice Smudger, but your helmet is a wee bit too modern I reckon.

I'll throw a pic of my old "Elephant gun" that sadly, is no longer with me.

and why on everything thats holy have you not got it any more lol

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
    But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
      What a tool I am!
      For this very reason mate. I instantly regretted selling it the minute I did.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Well BAMF your signature sums it all up then lol

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
        But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

For this very reason mate. I instantly regretted selling it the minute I did.
          Here's how she is getting on:

I promise you she is being well loved. Here she is as she is currently dressed up - having finally found a long-length handguard screw, I was able to take off the laminate and attach the solid wooden handguards instead. The stock I had to refinish myself with cabinet scrapers, wet and dry, wire wool, stain, wax and swearing - some clod, after removing it from the rifle, had sanded the stock very roughly, removing the lovely aged finish that would have matched the fore-grips. As it was the stock had huge cross grain scratches and the like all over it and was quite the project in itself. I'm actually glad the stock came out not matching entirely - I think it looks good as is.

And here she is with her very rare new toy - a real rear assembly with Hythe leaves. Here with the precision aperture

Here with the enlarged aperture for use with a tritium front sight post for low-light shooting.

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...k/PICT1938.jpg

Comment

All I need now if the wooden hand grips. My stock is the same colour as that

Comment

If it is a stock coming from a certain famous auction site and looks that colour in the picture - it will require quite a lot of refinishing.

By the way Borg, have you checked out Old South Gun Wood ?

They do far more accurate reproductions than Ironwood - for a start their handguards actually feature the correct metal tabs etc. - they even have their own recreations of the slightly later laminate furniture! I'd give them a shout - I talked to them when I was sourcing my furniture and they said they'd ship to the UK - I decided against it in the end and spent several months (whilst I was outside the UK and thus had never even molested my new Stupidly Long Rifle!) piecing together two original furniture kits (one solid wood handguard set and one laminate) - sure the serials don't match, but the age is hard to replicate and I thought worth it.

If you want the shortcut - and thinking about it now, I might go for a set too (in case the worst should happen) - take Old South for the accuracy.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Yer got it from the Bay of Evil things. £14 I can stain it to match the pistol grip. I think stock is

beach and pistol grip is walnut There for my real steel one though.
                Last edited by BorgCymru; 6 July, 2012, 19:29.

Comment

Hadk , that is stunning !
                  Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

A bit of a new direction for my SLR, don't panic it's fully reverseable back to the original wood kit or plastic furniture
                    Still a work in progress , I'm still awaiting a new top cover to be delivered from DSA in the states and need an acog to replace the current scope.

Based on the real steel NZ special forces L1A1's used in Afghanistan, not everyones cup-o-tea but an interesting evolution of the L1A1.

Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

• Re: L1a1 slr

Originally posted by Dorsettrooper View Post
                      Hadk , that is stunning !
                      Thank you very much.

Originally posted by Dorsettrooper View Post
                      A bit of a new direction for my SLR, don't panic it's fully reverseable back to the original wood kit or plastic furniture
                      Still a work in progress , I'm still awaiting a new top cover to be delivered from DSA in the states and need an acog to replace the current scope.

Based on the real steel NZ special forces L1A1's used in Afghanistan, not everyones cup-o-tea but an interesting evolution of the L1A1.
                      I really like it - I love the aesthetic I always associate with 'arsenal refurbishments' - an older weapon of war brought back to fulfill a role the new boy just can't - and brought up to date only as much as needed to do the job. Superb - in my humble opinion, the right blend of old and new.
                      Last edited by Hadk; 7 July, 2012, 17:31.

Comment

Looks great Dorsettrooper... I really like that look as an alternative to the more traditional furniture.

Comment

My real steel arrived today

Comment

Real and Toy

Comment

loving all of these guns, the fn fals are sweet but slr is still the bees knees for me )

Comment

(Excuse the photo quality)

My NZ SLR build has started too, but I'm not quite as far along as DT is yet! :D

Still need to get the bi-pod, ACOG and butt stock.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bad Reputation army Find out more about Bad Reputation
                                Working...
                                X