Collapse

[Translated repost] A beautiful comparison of a few GBB UZIs with the IMI UZIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Translated repost] A beautiful comparison of a few GBB UZIs with the IMI UZIs

This is a repost from an old Intrudershop webpage, since I've recently revived my UZI with the new aluminium body, I thought I should post this to remind everyone why this gun was so amazing. It was originally in traditional Chinese, I thought I'd translate it to make it easier to understand than using Google translate.

************************************************** ************************************************** **

When everybody was crazy about the M4 GBBs, the underrated MINI UZI was quick to be overlooked, but it was never completely forgotten, the Mini UZI's powerful recoil made it an instant classic. It was a cure to the nostalgia for those who grew up playing the classic external gas guns. This year KWC Mini UZI has gone through numerous internal upgrades, making the blowback smoother and more crisp. Now let's have a look at the difference between the real MINI UZI and the airsoft versions!

PS: The real UZI has two versions, an open bolt and a closed bolt, the KWC MINI UZI mimics the later version which is the closed bolt version.

A pile of UZIs, anyone knows which are the real ones?

Let's have a look at the 20 years old KOKUSAI MINI UZI with the real counterpart. (It's obvious the external dimensions are way off)

The KOKUSAI body is clearly larger (I have modified the KOKUSAI barrel to make it smaller, they've gotten that wrong too) They used to be $10000 (£200) 20 years ago, for a plastic gun it was such a rip off.

Let's compare the real deal's finishes with the MARUZEN's Micro UZI.

It was a known fact that Maruzen's plastic did not have the best metal imitation effect back then.

Here comes the main characters, can you guess which one's the KWC version?

The answer is the middle one. (The top of the bottom are real)

Let's have a look at the unique "raw" finish of the IMI UZI.

Let's flip it over to look at the body's blued steel finish.

It's easy to tell the KWC version from the real version when inspected up close, but its dimensions are very accurate.

Let's lift the covers, KWC MINI UZI mimics the internal very well too.

Rear sights close-up.

Front sights close-up.

Just like the real deal, it has a quick detach barrel.

Handguards and bayonet attachment points close-up.

Trigger guards close-up.

Magwells close-up.

Rear close-up.

Slight error with the angle of the KWC version's stock.

A take down of the bolt reveals that the KWC version is a tad longer to contain the loading nozzle, but it looks pretty good.

Let's flip it over to have a look at the underside.

Let's have a look at the receiver's internal, its simplicity is the trick behind its ease of maintenance.

For the top cover, it's hard to distinguish between the real and replica.

It's possible to switch the IMI top cover onto the KWC version.

The only difference are the sides viewed from inside. (this is due to the real version being stamped steel)

Grip close-up, the angle of the contact point between the grip and the hand is slightly off on the KWC version.

The rear sight's adjuster is made faithful to the real steel version too.

Wouldn't it be great if they made a stamped steel body? If not an aluminium one would be nice too.

This image reveals the angle error with the KWC's stock.

Let's have a look at the magazines, which ones' are the real ones?

It's obvious which one's which when we look at the bottom, and to be fair, despite KWC's CO2 system, it does not always finish a whole magazine with one capsule, the only external flaw is the lack of a metal body. Now if we could add a full length silencer, this would be perfect...

Re: [Translated repost] A beautiful comparison of a few GBB UZIs with the IMI UZIs

You like your Uzis!

Comment

Re: [Translated repost] A beautiful comparison of a few GBB UZIs with the IMI UZIs

Originally posted by blobface View Post
      since I've recently revived my UZI with the new aluminium body [...]

Wouldn't it be great if they made a stamped steel body? If not an aluminium one would be nice too. [...] the only external flaw is the lack of a metal body.
      I was always under the impression that KWC's Mini-UZI used to be made at least partially out of stamped steel; in fact I remember the original 'export version' Mini-UZIs being disingenuously advertised as 'full metal', as in the tags of a user review on 'the other place'. Even the description by ******* does seem to rather minimize the fact that the entire lower half of the gun is plastic.

Originally posted by RedWolf Airsoft
      Stiff metal folding stock [...] Functional metal grip safety avoids accidental discharge. Metal selector switch [...] The entire gun is beautifully made with selected steel parts that makes the gun feel very real. [...] Rugged ABS foregrip and lower receiver/grip.
      Can we see some photos of the aluminium body you've got? Do you use the Guarder steel barrel? And if the upper is steel in the original, why swap it for aluminium?
      Last edited by PureSilver; 21 January, 2012, 06:12.

Comment

great post, luckily i have on eof those KWC mini , i even managed to source 3 mag adaptors to convert from c02 to green, my Maruzen micro UZI although fully plastic, uses mac 11 mags, and has an awesome kick inducing the smile factor when fired
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The Maruzen micro UZI was the first gbb item i had owned when i first started airsoft back in the 90's and like above the grin factor of hearing it fire in a wooded area was fantastic .The rate it fired was 20 rounds in a second or so . But the quality of the folding stock was terrible .

Comment

Great write-up and those photos are fantastic.

Can you imagine the nightmare it would be trying to get a fully stamped steel version into the UK if they started to make one now!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
              Can we see some photos of the aluminium body you've got? Do you use the Guarder steel barrel? And if the upper is steel in the original, why swap it for aluminium?
              Nah unfortunately the original KWC had a full plastic receiver, it's not the first time when those shops get the description wrong, I was under the impression that they were full metal too up until I got it, I will upload pictures of mine today. The KWC version does come with a steel outer barrel and top cover, but that's as far as it goes, don't think the folding stock is neither. The aluminium body only comes with the lower receiver and the upper, like this.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blobface Find out more about blobface
              Working...
              X