AABB PVS-14 functional replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AABB PVS-14 functional replica

I was going to do quite a comprehensive review with comparisons against some gen 1 & 2 stuff and a hand held digital monocular but there's no point. These are not even gen 0. Your mark 1 eyeball is better. The main problem is the narrow field of view. The supplied literature claims 6deg field of view but I don't thing it's that much. Now with such a narrow field of view it can't gather enough light to function well. The unit has about 2x mag making it unusable on a helmet mount for navigating. claimed battery life of 1.5-2.5 hours depending if you use illumination or not but I've found it to be less than an hour. AABB could have made an excellent replica but by attempting to make it look "real" it's limited the focal array to a narrow field of view effectively crippling the device. The supplied accessories are a bit flimsy but functional. I'm going to attack it with some super glue de-bonder and attempt to fit a wide angle CCTV or micro cam lens. If I can increase the field of view it might make it work a bit better. If it does I'll post here.

About the Author

Collapse

crash0744 Find out more about crash0744
Working...
X