Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

bitter end/ wiley cqc goggles and bitter end half face mask REVIEWED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bitter end/ wiley cqc goggles and bitter end half face mask REVIEWED!

This is my first review so don’t give me too much stick!

Right.

I’ll start off by saying I am totally impartial and I do not know or work for bitter end, the guy lives in the states and makes them to order, he also does some cheaper alternatives for the frames but the lenses are the same stamped steel.

Wiley CQC goggles with bitter end mesh

Lenses of the original Wiley CQC lenses are 2.5mm thick ballistic polycarbonate and in the box you will find a clear set and a slate coloured set, these can be put instead of the bitter end mesh very easily should you need them for a particular site or you fancy donning the shades!

Unlike mesh which can dent and warp bitter end use stamped steel for their lenses which make them immensely strong,
    Here is a link where they are tested TO THE MAX! http://www.st6-airsoft.com/penatration_test.htm

These particular goggles come with both the elastic headband and the standard glasses style arms so you can pick and choose what you want when you want.

they also have "snap on side shields" which protect against a shot to the temple which would be extremely painful if it caught you right and also eliminates the slim possibility of a bb going sideways into your goggles (I no hardly very likely to happen but nice to know that everything is thought of.

On the back of the goggles you will find Wiley’s exclusive rubberized "ultra foam" which forms a nice seal around your eyes and keeps them snug on your face at all times. They are very comfortable to wear and very light so you hardly notice them at all.

colour wise bitter end lenses come in matt black but if you ask them very nicely they can also paint your lenses to a colour of your choosing or even a camo style (but not digi, just wouldn’t work) this all however is NOT guaranteed and is purely done as a little bonus if time permits. at the time of me ordering I had just watched Clint Eastwood in dirty harry and I asked myself that question an I decided I did feel lucky..... And I asked vvvveeeeeeeerrrryyy nicely if he could do a custom paint job for me (see picture at the bottom of this review) and when they arrived on my door step two weeks later. (considering he had to special order the frames from Wiley and make the lenses and ship them from America I think this is very quick) low and behold my bitter end goggles had a nice custom paint job on there for me

The vision is very good and you can still look down a scope or sight with them no problem. And with it not being your traditional poly lenses. dum de dummm! NO FOGGING!

These cost me the equivalent of about 65 pounds our money an this may seem a bit expensive to some of you but my theory is you only have one pair of eyes so protect them at all costs when doing extreme sports such as airsoft so I am more than happy with paying this for a pair of top quality goggles.

I defiantly give these a solid 10/10

Now.

The long awaited.

Bitter end half mask

This is made of the same high quality bitter end stamped steel as the goggles and so gives you the same amount of protection.

The steel edge is wrapped with a tough nylon strip and is secured by an adjustable elasticated strap. It covers the mouth, nose and cheekbone very well.

On the back of the mask on the cheek arms there are foam pads that stop the steel rubbing against your cheek bones (small touches that make all the difference).

With it being stamped steel it is reasonably flexible but still retains its strength so it can be adjusted to suit your face which makes it very comfortable to wear.

The lower face mask is also very low profile which means it does not interfere with looking down your sights on most guns. the only one I had problems with was my l96 as this has an adjustable cheek rest, so I just need to get a slightly higher mount.

the only problem I personally had was I have a bit of a big hooter and the mask was pushed against the tip of my nose, so all I have done is add a small bit of foam to the arch on top just to push it away slightly and now I have no problems

Again these can be painted an assortment of different colours mine incorporated a design that made use of both the goggles and mask. (See picture below)

These cost the equivalent of about 32 pound so great value for money when you consider the cost of expensive dentist bills!

And with only 6.50 postage for both items in a very well packaged box

I see this investment as a bargain. As it will pretty much protect your face from a nuclear blast, and I think it looks the mutt's chutneys as well

So again I give the lower face mask a 10/10

The communication from bitter end was very quick and they answered questions well.

I would recommend them to anyone.

Obviously I can’t link to their site but if you search bitter end goggles you will find it easily.

One other thing I will say is they deal by PayPal only an there is no checkout function on the website so you need to send him a message and he will email you back confirming your order and with the amount you need to pay.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me

All feed back good or bad is welcome

Jordan
    Last edited by chippy; 16 April, 2010, 20:07.
    one life, nine hearts, and eighteen hands that will rip you all apart!

r.i.p #2 gone but never forgotten.

About the Author

Collapse

chippy Find out more about chippy
Working...
X