Swiss Arms gun bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Arms gun bag

Okay... got the bag. Embroidered with "Swiss Arms" and, smaller, "Soft Air" (image attached doesn't show the latter text).

It's okay... It's certainly not the toughest - it would benefit from having the hand straps wrapping all the way round the bottom of the bag. Being stitched just at the top, there's a good chance they'll start to pull free (especially with my heavy AK74 and a Super 90 in there).

There are three velcro straps sewn inside to hold your gun. Unfortunately these are only sewn into the felt-like lining, which will easily tear with anything of any weight.

Because I wanted to have my AK supported at the top, and the Super90 laying beneath, I picked the straps off, and re-sewed them higher up, and this time sewn right through the outer nylon.

There's a thin layer of foam between the felt and outer, and the two pockets are also felt lined, though only on one side, and no padding.

One of the pockets has elastic sewn in, which just about takes the AK mags.

Overall, it's okay. If it had been great, I'd have bought another one, but it's only average, and I still hanker adter a hard case that's at least 28cm deep, and about 110cm long. The large double gun case from Zerust would be ideal, but won't fit in the boot of the car...

Re: Swiss Arms gun bag

Just purchased one of the shorter ones, really pleased with it.
    I agree with the lack of solid velcro attachments though. may sew through like suggested.
    Thanks.
    P.s bargain prices eh?
    CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP
    THE DOGS OF WAR!

Comment

Re: Swiss Arms gun bag

these do seem good value for money even if it means using a bit more cotton yourself to make stronger.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LeoDanger Find out more about LeoDanger
      Working...
      X