Davidson Custom CNC Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davidson Custom CNC Slide

Heres a quick review of my new pistol slide that I got yesterday, and finally finished fitting today.

I needed a tougher slide after doing my pistol upgrades. The gas routers made the slide cycle much faster, and then the shims pushed it over the top. Making a dent in my slide so that the slide lock no longer functioned. Not so handy. Time for a metal slide I thought!

The one I bought was the BCG Pro SX Limited Edition slide, in 4.3 length. It arrived in 5 days, and that includes order processing. Mine was shipped on the sunday, leaving Hong Kong on that same sunday, and arrived with me the Wednesday after that. And that was free shipping.

Its a lovely piece of kit, when you first take it out of the box, you can see why they cost a little more. They dont cost a stupid amount, mine was £3 more than a guarder slide, and a heck of a lot nicer, they feel like they should cost more!

Fitting wasnt as easy as I had hoped. Mine had some excessive rubbing on a couple of parts of my frame, but namely on the insides of the slide, where it runs through the small slots on the sides of the frame. These seemed to be ever so slightly too wide. I didnt figure this out at first, so did a LOT of sanding and filing in other areas to eventually free it up. Once done though, its quite nice.
    I have to say a lovely feature of this is that the blowback unit simply drops in and out. I hated removing it from my plastic slide, but now it wont bother me at all to dismantle.

Shooting was very nice. It WONT cycle as fast as the plastic slide. Even with the 120% recoil spring I have, its a touch slower. But thats al right, I was looking to do this upgrade to give it a heavier, slower kick, that I could feel. Rather than a blink-and-youll-miss-it kind of speed that mine had before.
    Cycle speed is perfectly acceptable, it doesnt feel sluggish, and it doesnt feel too heavy. Its a nice weight. The best part is now I can feel the whole kick of each shot, from start to finish, rather than the cycle being more of a surprise and its over. Its a bit difficult to explain, but it feels a lot nicer! That said, I do have numerous mag upgrades to help this. High Flow valves, mag shims, and nine ball gas routers. Would recommend these upgrades with the slide to keep things crisp.

Efficiency, hasnt seemed to have decreased yet. Ive yet to skirmish it, but will be doing so this weekend, so can give some feedback on this after that. test firing in the garden seemed to get around 35 shots out of a mag still, so more than an entire mag, so enough. I refil my mags with every refil of ammo, so as long as it lasts an entire mag, im happy! Ive yet to see how it does come winter, so will update then as well!

Overall, at £47 in total (with the exchange rate current at this time) this is one of the best cosmetic upgrades Ive done. Mine has a few external upgrades, and I prefer my pistol to handle better than shoot faster. FPS and accuracy are of little concern to me, so long as it feels great in my hands at all times, which this thing definately does.

Some pictures (along with a kit list of my model) below!

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
Working...
X