Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynatech BFG Review.

Hi all,
    Surprised no one has done one so i'll get the ball rolling.
    So first things first~Is it a good Buy?
    Yeah one of the best things i ever bought.

Where do you get them from ?
    Well best/most reasonable price is Zero one
    http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2415
    Comes with Grenade (obviously),Pin,Resetting tool,9mm adapter,12gauge housing,

Are they reliable?
    Certainly,Built to last these beauties threw mine 10 feet in the air with a 12gauge inside and hit the floor with a hard thump and then went off.

How do they work ?
    So you have the 12gauge housing with the 9mm adapter.The adapter just sits inside the 12gauge housing.You need to unscrew the blue part off and you will see the firing pin.Now here is how you prime the grenade.
    1.With the resetting tool push down on the firing pin and the spoon will come out and then go back in.
    2.Keeping your Thumb held firmly on the spoon take the resetting tool out and still holding on to the spoon put the pin in the top hole.Let go now and the grenade is nearly ready to go.
    3.So 12gauge or 9mm hmm.12gauge is simple take the 9mm adapter out and put the shell in and screw on and when you pull the pin and let go of the spoon you have 3 seconds to run.9MM same except with the adapter in the housing.

Hope this helped you all Yogi
    JG MP5 SD5/C02 Desert Eagle/ICS L86 LSW/Upgraded Warrior L96/Dynatech BFG

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104660

Re: Dynatech BFG Review.

Nice review yogi, glad you like your purchase, glad o kept the other one...lol
    If u have trouble getting hold of the 12 gauge blanks let me know as just bought a L bag
    Thx buddy

Comment

No problem mate
      Them 12gauges are loud f****rs

Comment

Some more Review questions.

What blank should i use for where?
        Well it all depends on your site you go to.
        12gauge~Suitable for woodland.Loud for CQB most sites in the UK Are 9mm only
        9mm~Everywhere.Just the right loudness.
        .25~Quiet but cheaper and are not too loud for CQB too quiet for woodland.
        .380~Quiet but alright for CQB
        6mm~Alright for CQB,Too quiet outside
        .22~Good for CQB.Quiet outside
        Shotgun Primers~not as loud as 9mm just under.ok for CQB

Where do i keep my blanks,rods,pins etc?
        Well i keep mine in a spearmint chewing gum tin :D so that if one goes off it won't be right near my face.I keep the tin in my utility pouch on my right.So then it's easy to get too.The tin is there so i can keep everything together and easily find something if i need it.

What if i lose for example;the pin?
        Well Zero one has all sorts of spares and adapters for BFG's
        http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/index.php?cPath=266_414

I can't find any 12gauge blanks?
        I get mine from a local fishing shop and a hunting shop.Or look online and type into google '12 Gauge Blanks' something will come up.

Are they indestructible?
        No they aren't but if you break one you need to learn to not to throw it hard.If you are able to break one then i will be surprised.

What if i can't find it?
        My tip for you is.Paint it a bright yellow or bright color.Or tape it up so you can see it when you throw it.

Thanks Yogi

Comment

With regards to the pins, i brought a box of 110 split pins and 50 rings for about 6 quid off a popular online auction site, and i keep them on a caribener attached to my molle so i can get a spare if i lose one

Comment

Hay, anyone got a review of the impact version? as in how easy are they to use in comparison (do they take more setting up?). how easy are they to trigger? do i have to slam it against the ground, or would a light toss into a room be enough? do they fire straight on impact, or is there a time delay? and possibly most important, how likely is it to just go off in my hand?

Comment

Not so sure Z1 are the cheapest...

Comment

They are... No where else in the world sells them
                sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, I forget.

Comment

;/ so no review on the impact BFG's? dang, cause ok a 3 second trigger is cool, but if you've been to a cqb site a couple of times you get a sixth sense about nades, and your half dodging before they enter the room. but trigger on impact would add a whole new level of awesome. might even make it worth buying despite the fact that most of the sites i go to say they don't allow them

Comment

Brought a impact off Z1 a few months back. Though they are cheaper at my local on site shop, though it's after looking at mine he got them in.

Construction etc: Pretty much full ally construction so pretty hard wearing though expect plenty off scuffs and dents pretty quick. Otherwise pretty sound. Smaller in size then their pre-existing BFG. No spoon. Only comes as 9mm. Vent is upward facing unlike the existing variant

Loading/priming: easy as. Self primes so literally all you have to do is unscrew the top, place in a new blank and screw top back on, about 4/5 secs to re-load and make ready though it is for safety's sake advisable to re-insert the pin first.

Usage: pull pin, gently throw into room and soon as it lands it goes off, no delay etc. Will only detonate it it hits a hard surface like brick or concrete. Generally useless in woodland. Quick and simple reload means it can be done in game without any fuss.

Highly advisable to paint bright colour or reflective tape it as due to it's smaller size (little shorter then a standard smoke grenade) it can be a little tricky to find.

All in well worth the money if you play a regular CQB style site. Brilliant at longmoor. Possibly the easiest to use re-loadable grenade variant about to date. Only issue is it does need a fair force or very hard serface to set it off as I first tested mine at my local site on the safe zone wooden floor during game. Had to be thrown pretty hard to make it detonate though in urban as said it works wonders.
                      9/10

Also as asked. Very unlikely to go off in your hand, to the point I have a habit off caring mine in a WAS grenade pouch with the pin removed, though obviously I would never advise this!!

Comment

May have to a couple of these to next months shopping list lol i want one so bad
                        Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

yogibear KWA is the same company as Ksc in regards to gas guns, in the same way that Ares is the same as Star Find out more about yogibear
                        Working...
                        X