SRC G36E Gen 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC G36E Gen 2

This will be a short review of a new purchase by myself of the longest of the G36's the E version I dont know what the E stands for I was hoping it stands for Elephant because I like elephants.

After looking around for a while for a new purchase I decided to look at the SRC brands of guns due to there low prices and reasonable construction, I ended up with the G36E for a number of reasons:
    1. I was looking for something of a support style gun
    2. Needed something with decent range
    3. Looking for something that was reasonably compatable with others
    4. Had to have a large magazine capacity
    5. Upgradability

This one stood out as being a good choice as it is long, has a good ROF, is compatable with V2 and V3 gearboxes, decent range and as it turned out is very light indeed, I am very pleased to have got such a fantastic AEG at such a cheap price, in fact I may just buy another one just because.

Anyway onto the review:

Externals:
    This being a G36 do not expect a lot of metal on this, there wont be, dont let this put you off it though as the construction is still very solid being made out of what appears to be a nylon fibre, the metal parts are as follows, the barrel, the cocking handle, the very nice magazine release that is extended to be operated with the trigger hand, the dust cover, front and rear sights, trigger, body pins, selector switch, motor baseplate and the attachment point for the stock, all the rest, the upper, lower and top rail are all made from nylon fibre making it very durable.

The place where the battery goes into is in the handguard now it should be noted that these handguards are very tightly fitted to the point it is like putting a corset on a horse and putting a battery into it makes it putting a corset on a horse whilst trying to mate with said horse, what I am saying is is that it is really goddamn hard, I dont know why they would not make the chamber for the battery just I dont know slightly larger than the battery that is suppose to go in it but thats what you get, once you do fit the battery it really is not going to go anywhere.

The stock is on my one when folded a bit loose to the body of the gun which does not bother me the thing is nearly as tall as my mum so why would I want to shorten the thing in combat but that maybe something to bear in mind.

As noted before this gun is very light it can be held and shot in one hand making it an excellent all rounder. One thing to note about the external construction is that you can see the seam lines, now this is not a problem to me at all as I really couldnt care about looks some of you maybe put off by this.

Internals
    I bought this gun as an upgrade platform and when I tested it (tested being I fired it at a pizza box put at the end of my garden) it proved to have some amazing results, great consistency and a good rate of fire, so me being me I took this apart to see all its chocolately goodness.

Internally the SRC G36E is rocking a high torque motor by SRC that has very powerful magnets, now the gearbox itself was pretty impressive, it was well reinforced and it was very consistant in appearance. Opening this up I was greeted to the most basic spring guide just a piece of plastic which was immidiately replaced with a metal ball bearing spring guide as I dont fancy having that snap in the middle of a game. A spring attached to a rather nicely reinforced piston which was coloured a bright green, the spring had been cut down also and appeared to be around the m100 range, the cylinder was a full type and made of aluminium, the cylinder head is plastic and the nozzle had an O-ring and a decent seal, the gears appeared to be individually shimmed which was pretty impressive as well as the gears were strong also and the tappet plate was of decent quality. I almost didnt bother upgrading anything else after looking at these internals but I thought I may as well and it has handled this very well.

There is one thing that did throw me off a bit, I have not looked at a great deal of G36s but the hop unit that was in this is huge, its like having another gun in there, this is not a bad thing at all its full metal and is a bit stiff which I like about hop units means you can get great consistancy out of it, also the hop nub itself, is one chunk of metal in a H-shape, which is basically like having a pre upgrade!

Inner barrel is pretty standard appears to be not to wide or not a tightbore either and is of good length making it a great DMR platform or great for woodland.

Downfalls:
    I will regurgitate the bad points of this great AEG.
    Length of this weapon is also a bad thing there is no way you could get away with using this in CQB its like wielding a shopping trolley in a zombie apocalypse, your making far too much noise and you literally arnt going to kill anything with it.
    Seam lines these are as mentioned before quite obvious but I am not that worried about this
    Battery space, seriously I would just like to be able to put a battery in an AEG and not worry about it falling out (AKs), not being able to take it out ever again (MP5K) or have it weigh down the front of a gun to the point where it feels like it would fall off if I so much as coughed on it (M4s) and be able to put a battery in and be able to fit it comfortably which it doesnt in this particular AEG.

Overall:
    I would rate this SRC G36 very highly, they are quickly becoming my favourite brand due to the internals and cost of the weapons which make them great upgrade platforms even though it works brilliantly from stock and you could use it as it is. Although there are a few faults this beats the JG G36 on quality alone, externally far better feels more solid and has far better consistancy I have not used Classic Armys or Ares or TMs G36s but I do rate Classic Army pretty highly and from what I have seen of a friends Ares G36 it is not bad but it isnt great either.

Useability:
    This weapon I think is damn near perfect for skirmishes heres why this is just my opinion:
    1. Large magazine capacity, 470 rounds plus they are only just a bit bigger then standard M4 magazines
    2. Weight, this is far lighter then a full metal M4 plus it has a longer barrel
    3. Durability, this is key to me for skirmishes you dont want to take a AEG into a skirmish if your afraid that if you bump it itll break this feels rock solid I would trust it
    4. Accuracy, this not only is very consistant in its shots that I have fired so far due to a combination of the hop nub, the long barrel, great air seal and my awesomeness but it reaches out to good ranges

These reasons to me make it a great choice for outdoor skirmishes if you have any questions feel free to ask

About the Author

Collapse

cheesenibbler Started airsofting properly about 4 years ago been doing it ever since joined an airsoft society at Nottingham Trent University was a member and became secretary and again I have a great time just enjoying myself on the field. I am now the airsoft tech guy for Southdown airsoft! Find out more about cheesenibbler
Working...
X