Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyma m14 socom

i recently bought a second hand M14 SOCOM made by CYMA,
    I've now used it on two full skirmishes and i have to say im extremely pleased with it!
    firstly covering the body -
    the gun as a whole has a good weight to it, not too light but equally it feels a lot less plasticy than the body looks.
    the body itself is ABS plastic which is very strong and has proven itself by suriving two games with me without a scratch and a mere couple of grazes from the first owner.
    the trigger system and fire selector is all metal and has a good solid black finish.
    the charging handle and RIS rail is what told it to me, the charging handle is connected to a spring loaded system internally which makes the most rewarding clank when you use the charging handle... there is no real use for it, but it sounds the part!
    the hop is in the mag well which is somewhat aqward to reach with gloves but still a lot easier to reach than the interal hops that are found on a M16 or M4 variant.
    the RIS rail attaches to a wierd groove near the rear iron sight, it then screws in place to lock the RIS and (assuming you have the original screw) will not wobble. the RIS on this model is far enough back to make a high zoom scope a worth while option however, i just use a red dot as im not much of a sharp shot.
    internally again im impressed with full metal internals and good solid support from the body. the only problem i had with it was a couple of loose wires which were the result of some tampering from the previous owner.

To summerise I would give it:
    4/5 stars for build
    4/5 start for performance (hop slips occasionally due to possition of hop adjuster)
    5/5 for value for money... although i think CYMA is a terminated brand in china.
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

About the Author

Collapse

S3V3R Marshalled at ZED Adventures The Mall (RIP). I build ships (proper ones) and I shoot guns (toy ones). Find out more about S3V3R
Working...
X