Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Eagle M56A Shotgun Review

this maybe in the wrong place, but i couldnt work out where to put it....:D

ive been asked by a few people now about my DE M56A, so i thought id put a review up....

Double Eagle M56A Shotgun Review

airsoft shotguns are really only useable in CQB situations (single BB shotguns are not true shotguns). Double Eagle has released a copy of TM’s Super 90 M3 springer shotgun with its M56A. A hybrid cross between the M3 Super 90 and M3 Shorty, the DE M56A has the shorter outer barrel and a full stock.

The Double Eagle M56A comes with one 30 round shell , a 100 round “pistol mag” BB loader, a sling and a small bag of 6mm BBs. Since the gun is a copy of the TM system, the M56A fires three BBs at a time so each shell gives you ten shots.

TM and DE shells have the same physical dimensions and are cross compatible between the two platforms. Accessing the magazine area, there is a lever on the right side of the trigger which when pulled opens up the shell door and ejects the 30 round shell. One of the first things to break with TM shotguns is the shell door hinge and there’s no doubt the M56A will suffer from the same design problem. (although ive had mine a while with no problems so far...)

besides the stock the DE M56A is the same size as the TM M3 Shorty (Smokey’s rear grip installed on the TM) and everything is placed in the same position. The M56A is slightly lighter than the TM M3 as externally the gun is completely plastic while the TM has a metal outer barrel, shell door and sights. On that note the M56A’s sights have been painted white which makes acquiring targets easier than with TM’s black sights. although if like me you play alot of night games, its still a struggle (i got some glow in the dark paint from a model shop and repainted the sights, now it rocks at night)

The M56A uses a button safety which is great if you’re right handed however if you’re a lefty, like me, you may have difficulty manipulating the switch.

Since the gun fires multiple BBs in a single shot, chronying the M56A is difficult but when one BB is loaded the gun comes in at 280 fps with 0.2g BBs, The gun has a fixed hopup, I hear it’s set for 0.2g BBs but I find the flight path is better with 0.25g BBs.

Effective range of the DE M56A is less than a stock TM AEG but that’s alright it’s a shotgun after all. In CQB I would feel comfortable engaging targets as far as 20-25 meters, after that I have to fire the gun as a mortar. Compared to a rifle or pistol the ROF is much lower as you have to pump the handle after each shot, so that’s something the player has to adjust to but BB spread at 4 meters is ~ 10 cm which definitely helps make up for the low ROF. The feeling of getting a two’fer with one shot is pretty good.

In terms of a clone the DE M56A is pretty close to the TM M3 Shorty. For CQB the DE M56A is a decent primary weapon and at an average price range of £50 its definatley a winner for me.

i hope this helps people and if ive got anything wrong, or anyone wants to add.. feel free to correct me and add to it

About the Author

Collapse

Canonfodder Hi im Chris, 29, ive got a wife & 3 kids (5,5,3), im a Photographer by day, security guard by night Find out more about Canonfodder
Working...
X