WE L85a2 review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE L85a2 review.

you know the bolt lock on the right side of the gun, the bolt should hold back when its pulled back and the bolt latch is pushed down ..

if not hope they make a kit for it soon

Comment

No
      Belive it or not that was the first thing i tried when i got it out of the box.

I think there is scope for it to work as there is a cutout in the bolt, just in the right place.

Comment

oooh so maybe tinkering is needed then have you lost a latching pin or inserted the black plastic locking mech upside down,

will have a look at one before i take the plunge

Comment

Dont know if thats clear enough to see, but what you are looking at is the reciever split slightly so you can see the cutout on the bolt.
          However the bolt is at its furthest point so any attempt to make someting to catch into that cutout wont work, and allowing the bolt to move any further back causes it to catch on the back of the hammer.

The only real alternative would be to drill a smaller cutout at the very back of the bolt and adapt the bar so that some form of pin stuck out at just the right angle to catch into the new hole in the bolt.

As it would only be used for manualy locking the bolt back (showing off...lol) it wouldnt have to be super duper strong either.

Certainly doable.

Comment

It's very doable mate

instead of the flimbsy black mech on the inside of the bolt latch

Remake it out of mild aluminium but longer and a more inert angle so catchs in the correct place

Might see of the rs one is swappable

Comment

Reloading g39 mags are easy but if you need to use the supplied speed loaded a hint for you is to attatch it to the end of your normal speed loader so you can just pump rounds straight through the tube, or cut the adapted end off and attached that to speed loader, withdrawn I just click them into the top :-)

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Well with great thanks to menacer, we both now have redesigned mock manual bolt lock tabs.

Sooooo much better idea than WEs joke of a securing method for this part.

Comment

Just ordered the hornbill ACOG scope mount for WE. Cant wait for it to come, I skirmished all yesterday with mine is woodland and it performed flawlessly, seriously this thing is seriously good!!

Dave

Comment

How is people consistency?
                    Im finding mine to be rather bad.

Also, every round will happily roll out of the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                      Reloading g39 mags are easy but if you need to use the supplied speed loaded a hint for you is to attatch it to the end of your normal speed loader so you can just pump rounds straight through the tube, or cut the adapted end off and attached that to speed loader, withdrawn I just click them into the top :-)
                      For the g36c I tried a kings arms speedloader with no adaptor and had great trouble, I am now using a TM small speedloader with the pistol adaptor and it loads perfectly.
                      Originally posted by "jonny lovegrove"
                      And on semi i always hit the target usually within about 5 shots...

Comment

Im itching to get this however as having no experience with GBBR and only the RS version so think ill leave it a while and see if they bring out an improved version!
                        Kier - "Jamie did you really shag that bird in your body armour?"
                        Jamie - "No!"
                        Kier - "When she asked if you had protection, i think you got the wrong idea mate!"

Comment

It wont be so much WE bringing out an improved version more RA-tech swarming all over it and changing all the weak/faulty parts.

Comment

Has anyone skirmished their L85 since?

I took it out for its first skirmish yesterday and was pretty disappointed.

Tally stands at:

Inconsistent hop (may have been the rain)
                            3 pins coming out/loose (recoil rods and bolt lock)
                            Massive cooldown, had 3 mags vent on me (again, likely due to rain).
                            Fire selector coming loose and jamming.

All in all pretty disappointed.
                            Also, the paint on the externals seems to be REALLY thin. The paint on my fire selector was wearing off after the first couple of games, I rarely switched to auto in either!

Maybe has my expectation set too high after my flawless G39C but thus far it appears WE took a step back in quality with the L85.

Comment

Only took mine out the once so far, (pimping it before its next outing)only had the issue with the recoil rod holes "shrinking" apart from that it was totaly flawless, and its not like i held back either.

Comment

All GBB guns should have all bolts lock tighted otherwise they will shake themselves loose. The paint issue could be a problem though, any other gun wouldnt be to bad as you could just respray it in camo etc... however.. a camoed L85? *VOMIT*

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                                Working...
                                X