WE L85a2 review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE L85a2 review.

Im not too fussed on the thin paint, gets a 'battle-worn' look quicker which can be quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      Only took mine out the once so far, (pimping it before its next outing)only had the issue with the recoil rod holes "shrinking" apart from that it was totaly flawless, and its not like i held back either.
      Did you fix this in the end?
      Mine is now doing the same, bolt keeps sticking quite badly now.

Comment

Havent fixed as such, i reopened the holes with a small file, however this cant be done forever so im looking at a hard rubber/plastic replacment for the metal buffer springs at the back of the guide rod, similar to on the back of the G36 or on the guide rod of the SCAR.
        it just has to be hard enough to stop the bolt moving back too far but soft enough to not eat through the back of the bolt.

Comment

With an NPAS installed in this weapons would I be able to get the FPS to around 300 - 350? Hope you solve the recoil rod issues!

Comment

Still can't decide to buy this or not
            With the bad skirmish reports i might just wait it out until WE's MP5 and kit up my WE M4
            any help?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawzie View Post
              With an NPAS installed in this weapons would I be able to get the FPS to around 300 - 350? Hope you solve the recoil rod issues!
              Yes, not sure on its lowest, but mine with NPAS and no mods ran at 400fps, a small tweak had that down to 340fps give or take a few, so 300fps shouldnt be a problem.

Originally posted by Deltacor View Post
              With the bad skirmish reports i might just wait it out until WE's MP5 and kit up my WE M4
              any help?
              If your not sure, then it isnt the GBBR for you, regardless of its minor faults, i love both the design and the weapon itself so im more than happy to work on it and wait a bloody eternity for RIS rails and flashiders to be made for it because i believe it will be an awesome weapon once its been "modernised"

Comment

Originally posted by Shawzie View Post
                Yep, mine was doing 330 with the npas set correctly.

any help?
                Unless you love L85`s, i'd say give it a miss for now.

Comment

Must be honest, i skirmished with my we l85 about 2 weeks ago and i have to say it was the best skirmish id ever had, i had NO problems with it what so ever, hop up was perfect, the fps was spot on (thanks to tisane) and i was getting iron sight hits, it locked back, seriously its amazing, i fired a fair few mags throughout the whole the day, well worth getting in my book

Dave

Comment

Nice review and good pictures .. Sorry for being anal here ..R stands for repartition

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies fellas I really appreciate it, my friend (who is in love with L85's) will be buying this tomorrow, just another quick enquiry though; I understand the gun is fairly new out, but is there any parts or modifications he should buy along with it to save him some hassle with a couple of the faults at a later date?
                      I shall keep a close eye on this thread for fixes (such at the recoil rod etc.) anyway but I thought it was worth asking, cheers!

Comment

Only thing out at the moment is the newer mock bolt catch.
                        Airsoft global has it, just search for l85 and it will come up.

Otherwise, just a NPAS and you are good to go.
                        Watch the pins though.

Comment

Originally posted by N3ADS View Post
                          Nice review and good pictures .. Sorry for being anal here ..R stands for repartition
                          Yes repetition....not sure even i spelt that right...lol

Indeed make sure those pins are bonded in place before you even fire a shot...lol

If and when i sort out a fix for the guide holes i will post.

Comment

Okay i think i'm going to give this a go, plus it shares mags with my WE M4 once it is converted to Open bolt.

Comment

Just files the holes in my bolt a touch.
                              Now fires without jamming again.

Wonder how long that will last?

Comment

I think theres a RA tech steel bolt for the L85 coming out? not sure if you want to pay the money though i think it will cost a fair bit.

Dave

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                                Working...
                                X