Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Army M15A4 BlowBack Rifle

Hello there
    I'm going to do a quick review of a Classic Army M15A4 Blowback rifle, a brand new line from fine CA manufacture.

As all Classic Army products (excluding sport line)this gun is Fully Metal (alloy),
    Outer review:
    metal parts are
    - outer barrel, body,(upper and lower), buffer tube, carry handle, flash hider, front sight, sling mounts
    Qality of there pars its rather good, some faults but generally its good. Outer barrel has no wobble at all, as also it is made of steel +1
    Upper and lower receiver is made of Metal alloy, On the body we can find engraved licensed Armalite marks, same as you would find on a real gun. As i have said its made of Metall alloy, meaning it is not STEEL, therefore you have to watch out taking out any pins, or you can just brake the body... It is strong etc, however i would not use hammer at any point.
    There is another small fault with the body - paint. Paint quality is not the best, after a while its starts to come off on the edges. Its still better quality than most of the AEG's on market, but putting this against a Magpul body for example, magpul wins.
    Buffer tube is all metal (not much to say here.. )
    Carry hadnle, is made of metal aswell ( finish and overall quality of this art is superb )

Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene or (ABS) parts are
    - pistol grip, hand grip, stock.
    Inner barrel is made of Brass (inner diameter is 6.08mm)

ABS parts on this gun are really great, finish is superb i must say, one of the best i have seen. Looking at it you could not tell if its from a real gun or a toy. Some cheaper guns have these parts finished in some shiny shitty black of some sort, This one is finished in proper paint matt black (same as army uses, not krylon!), Quality and finish of these ABS parts id rate 10/10!.

Overall outside quality is very good, apart from the paint issues on metal parts, and just make sure you wont use hammer to take out pins .

Internal review

Feature metal one piece hop up unit + here ( hop up in all Classic army producs id say are one of the best on the market, just after TM magic hop ups)
    Inner barrel is made of brass and its 6.08mm in diameter. Having brass inner barrel is not the best things, as brass expands and retracts depending on weather, Therefore at cold day your barrel might be 6.09/.10mm wide and on hot day it could have 6.07mm or less. Also the inner barrel is rather heavy compared to other barrels like ( aluminium Madbul, or Steel PDI/Prometheus)
    Gearbox is made of metal alloy aswell

this photo is not the photo of the actual gearbox, but they look kinda the same everywhere, and internals for Classic Army is a standard for most of the AEG, that includes blowback version. They difference is just the bolt, and shell.. other than that same. This picture is from CA some rear wire bla bla.

Features 8mm metal ball bearing,
    Metal gears,
    Reinforced piston, with one metal tooth.
    Steel spring guide
    Type B or Type 1 Cylinder, and aluminium cylinder head.
    This particular model also have a blowback system mentioned before.
    Silicon wires (copper with silver coat)

8mm ball bearing are a + as we know that bigger bearing than better turning flow of the gears, therefore less heat, and less wear on the gears or piston it self.
    Metal gears ( when i say metal i mean metal alloy) They are hard and tough gears, and its hard to damage them (after 20k bb's no wear at all, even to the piston) therefore + here
    Piston is a good quality ABS with one metal tooth. Hard to wear this thing as well +
    Steel spring guide, meaning it wont brake causing spring to drop onto gears and damage the whole gearbox so + here
    Type B cylinder used by Classic Army is coated with Polytetrafluoroethylene inside, this smooths out move of the piston, as well as helps to generate more air that forces bb to fly. Cylinder and Cylinder head same as piston + piston head together they provide with rather good air seal, therefore FPS of a bb is rather constant +
    When you receive the gun of out the box it will do around 440FPS ( so you will have to downgrade it so you can use it at most of the sites).
    Accuracy of this gun is not bad, effective range is about 35m, max range is about 45-50 metters which is not bad, considering it has a blowback.
    Silicone wires used in this gun have low resistance about 3 ohms so these wires are rather good HOWEVER the silicon protection around the wires is crap, You can rip it apart easily therefore i suggest taking good care when fiddling with them, or just change them straight away.
    As this is a blowback version it uses High torque motor

This is a tough motor, so any upgrades you might make to the gun, no need to change this motor!.

As i have mentioned this is a blowback version. The way blowback works in this rifle is mechanical unlike G&G which is pneumatic. because it is mechanical therefore you can feel the little kick when bolt slides back and forward. It is a great feature added to this rifle that increase coolnes of this gun, as also add a bit realism. Also this guns have functioning bolt catch, so you can pull the charging handle and manualy lock or release bolt. This feature increase comfort and makes it easier to access hop up unit. However There is ONE MAJOR PROBLEM.
    because the bolt is made of metal alloy it can break easily, small jam or increased ROF and you had it. (unless you are lucky)

Here are some pictures showing what has happened to me, with the blowback unit. you might thing well its okey and you can buy another bolt thingy. Well the huge problem is that you cant. Classic army were so confident they haven't putted this bolt into production as a spare part thinking it will never break, But all users of mechanical blowback rifles experienced the same problem at some point. There are few solutions to it. One is to contact CA, or ASG (action sports games) and order one, at cost of few $$'s or you can go to local precision engineer and tell him to make one from a proper steel not metal alloy at cost of ££'s.

Overall!!!!!!
    this gun price varies from 300 - 400 USD ( or in england roughly 300£)
    Overall quality i would rate 9/10
    Paint 8/10
    Accuracy + range 8/10
    quality of gearbox (excluding blowback) 10/10
    Fun having with this rifle 11/10
    I think that despite few problems with the gun, such as paint issue (after certain usage, but that applies to all guns), wires ( not a big problem) and a blowback( slightly bigger one) This gun is worth its money. Gearbox is tip top!. and rather hard to damage it.

So thats about it . if you liked this review that is good if you didnt like then tough I tried my best doing this review, and include as much important informations as possible ( unlike some other review i have seen, where most of the time they were talking about bull crap i have tried to keep it simple, and provide only relevant information) hope you enjoy it

About the Author

Collapse

Infa not bother to write about it.... ! Find out more about Infa
Working...
X