Collapse

Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical Gas Tri shot shotgun review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelliffe was the heat shield from the US? If so does ITAR regs come into play? Looks lovely and I must have one..!!
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Re: Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical Gas Tri shot shotgun review

Originally posted by dannyeprice23 View Post
      Jelliffe was the heat shield from the US? If so does ITAR regs come into play? Looks lovely and I must have one..!!
      He got it from the US and ITAR regs do no apply to it.

Regards
      Matt
      sigpic

Comment

In a way I kind of agree with Saltyy. They are pricey, typical TM really but I so want one.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Tracking tells me mine is in the UK... I have a game on Saturday... its like waiting for Christmas whilst there is a danger that Cromwell will cancel it.

Comment

Thought I'd tell you all how much it hurt to get shot with it. Point blank, 6 rounds, pretty much pain free. We both knew we'd been hit, but a pistol would have hurt more.

The worst part was that the shot from it was a friendly kill, which they knew who we were, and knew it was a blue on blue kill, which was done intentionally, at a milsim event. And it came from this exact shotgun.

Comment

I'd be really interested in seeing a stockless version and to see if you can make it co2 compatible.
              Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Apparently I was the third person in the UK to get shot by it.

Comment

back on topic (more or less)

has anyone else had issues with the gas reservoir deforming/swelling?
                  this happened to be last sunday and caused a leak from one end of the reservoir.

Comment

So apart from the gas tanks swelling when you use propane, are these things quite reliable?

Any other major problems with them I should be aware of before buying one?

Comment

apart from the now fixed gas tank i havnt had any issues yet.

the gas tank is so easy to fix a monkey could do it, just replace the pins with bolts and sand the ends, some PTFE may be needed to ensure the base of the tank is well sealed.

Comment

Hopefully getting one of these tomorrow.
                        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I have one of these, and they are great to play with - they are really good fun, in both CQB and more open woodland sites. The ony thing I find annoying are the gas cartirdges when they swell. The pins don't stop the walls from swelling away from the capping plate with the o-ring, no matter how careful you are; and I have only ever used standard gas, no propane. The bolt-up fix works well, but I think it's a shame that you have to do it at all really.

Comment

still love using this despite the plethora of problems I have had with it.
                            apart from the gas tank (reinforced version now available somewhere out there) the only major issue I have had is the pump mechanism.
                            it decided to lock after cocking but wouldn't unlock afterwards. AFIK the problem was with the silver metal arrangement found just bellow the ejection port, it seemed to slip and lock the pump arms preventing me from recocking the gun.
                            I have fixed this with much blood, sweat and tears (mostly mine), has anyone else had this issue?
                            I may write a guide on what I think this does as hours of googleing only yielded 2 disassembly guides, neither of which explained anything about how the pump locking mechanism actually works.

also I have had the plastic bit that holds the barrels slip out of place but electrical tape fixed that.
                            however getting the bit that holds the mag tube to the outer barrel back on was a pain and needed a bit of whacking, levering and sacrificing a few souls to Bel-Shamharoth to get that little silver bit in the barrel that the screw goes into back on properly.

despite the many issues and needlessly complicated design, it's just so much fun to use (when it works)

Comment

Originally posted by MADMAN983 View Post
                              ...the only major issue I have had is the pump mechanism.
                              it decided to lock after cocking but wouldn't unlock afterwards. AFIK the problem was with the silver metal arrangement found just bellow the ejection port, it seemed to slip and lock the pump arms preventing me from recocking the gun.
                              I have fixed this with much blood, sweat and tears (mostly mine), has anyone else had this issue?
                              Funny you should say that, since my last post I've also had this problem; every now and again I rack the pump back, and it gets jammed in that position; I can't push it back forwards. The only way to quickly fix this in the filed is to take the shell out, dry fire it a couple of times and put the shell back in, but even that doesn't always solve it, and usually I've been shot by then!

Madman, any chance you could explain in a bit more detail what you did to fix this? Would be a great help to me and any others with the same problem!

Comment

when I am next not working I will try to disassemble the thing again and post some sort of guide on the pump system.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nun-Chuck Find out more about Nun-Chuck
                                Working...
                                X