Trishot shotgun bb weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trishot shotgun bb weight?

I've had my trusty and economical Double Eagle trishot for a while now but never thought to ask what weight of BB is ideal for different ranges, from CQB to woodland. Lighter shots will give more of a spread which is desirable but what's best, and is it worth mixing some 0.2g, 0.25g and god forbid some 0.12g for a nice balance of scatter and accuracy? Shotgun owners, what are your thoughts?
    Cardiff University Airsoft Society
    Like our Facebook page.
    And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
    sigpic

Re: Trishot shotgun bb weight?

I often use .12's and .20's, that seems to do the job for me.. I also use a DE trishot, gives good range and spread

Comment

I use .2s, I've found .25s drop too soon.

Comment

I have a bottle of random weights, old and newer ammo. Stuff I've forgotten what its weight was etc.
        Just my reject ammo, I use it for moscarts and multi shot shotguns.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I use 0.12's in my de tri shot, only use it for cqb, does the job nicely.

Comment

Mix everything. Just dregs of bbs.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Johnny's and Sean's ideas are what i use. I use a complete mix in my tm spas 12. i think the heavyest is .28.

Mine had been upgraded to shoot 300-310 on .2's aswell
              Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

see, i'd love to go as high as 0.28g but last I chronoed i think i was 250-280 fps or something. And don't want to wack a big spring in it in case a wreck the piston or sears. I think I'll go with the mix, but avoid the very heavy stuff
                Cardiff University Airsoft Society
                Like our Facebook page.
                And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
                sigpic

Comment

my mix in my springer for cqb is 2/3rds .12s and 1/3rd .25s
                  my gas uses .2s and 25s in 50/50 switching to .4s for woodland
                  trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Use the shotgun for CQB/up close and personal stuff so I bang .3's through it. Certainly packs a punch when you take people down with it!

Comment

i just use .25s for cqb but i might just get some .12s for it instead after reading some of the comments here
                      Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

I used .25g - .4g whatever was in my pocket at the time. I have a DE Tri-shot with half a VSR spring inside 2/3rds of an AEG spring, it's hard to chrono properly but is about 280fps with .25g BBs. TBH they are the best weapon you can use inside buildings where AEGs aren't allowed but for anything else they are crap, it doesn't really matter what BBs you use for close range work inside buildings. I shot my mate, on the opposite team, at close range in a dark building with .4g BBs in it and it did leave a large lump on his head so I tend to use .25s now. With .25s it will hit a man sized target at 40m most of the time with at least 1 of the 3 BBs but I do have to aim about 2 foot above the target - not practical in woodland games.

Comment

@fisher, so you did a FPS upgrade with a VSR and AEG spring?
                          Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                            @fisher, so you did a FPS upgrade with a VSR and AEG spring?
                            Yes, they come as standard with 2 springs - one inside the other. I found 2 springs which worked together and chopped them in length until it would cock. One was around an M100 AEG spring and the other was quite a light VSR Spring probably around M120- M130. It's important the springs move freely inside the cylinder, on the spring guide and that they dont jam with one another. I did wreck a few good springs in my quest, not all VSR and AEG springs are the same diameter, but they were all from my spares box anyway. I've fired hundreds of shots since upgrading it without any issues but it is a little harder to cock. As for stripping the gun, there are a few videos on the internet.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SunSpectre Find out more about SunSpectre
                            Working...
                            X