Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&G Firehawk - Convert to Full metal Body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Firehawk - Convert to Full metal Body?

Hi Guys

So i've been modding my firehawk for awhile and i've finally come to the point where i want to conver the body of the upper and lower receiver to metal (it comes plastic from factory). Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me advice on what metal receivers will be a straight swap?

Thanks in advance!
    Jay

I tried this myself a while back and bought a replacement metal upper and lower but even with a fair bit of filing and sanding Inside the body the gearbox was too tight in places and it just wouldn’t quite fit right. I’m not saying it can’t be down but it’s not as straight forward as you might think. Maybe different brand upper and lowers might give a tiny bit more clearance etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirbymeister View Post
      I tried this myself a while back and bought a replacement metal upper and lower but even with a fair bit of filing and sanding Inside the body the gearbox was too tight in places and it just wouldn’t quite fit right. I’m not saying it can’t be down but it’s not as straight forward as you might think. Maybe different brand upper and lowers might give a tiny bit more clearance etc?
      Damn i was afraid someone would say that, so it seems like its not really worth the hassle? I've looked at some G&P ones as well but again like you said it might not be a straight forward swap.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JayW Find out more about JayW
      Working...
      X