Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Gun Guide

Hello all ,

I have recently been trawling through a few threads on the tech section of the forums and hopefully been helping people out. I have seen a lot of V2 questions being asked and I have tried my best to answer the questions that I knew the answers to but it seemed that there were a lot of questions regarding ICS. This , was because ICS features a split Version 2 gearbox which is very similar to the standard V2 mech box. Some how , people get a little confused , so I have created this little guide to hopefully help a few of you guys out.

Number one - The Gearbox itself.

After the rear body pin by using a soft materiel (Such as a lollipop stick) and hitting it firmly with a harder object ie a hammer. Your upper and lower receiver should literally "Split" in half , take note of the ICS "Split" gearbox design..

Here are some photo's:

What you are now looking at is the upper and lower gearbox and also your barrel and hop assembly.

Number Two - Upper gearbox

What you will now see is a large cylinder in the top half of your gun. This is your upper gearbox. This contains , a piston , cylinder , cylinder head , spring , spring guide and also your tappet plate. To access these parts you simply start by undo the HEX screw at the back and inserting a rod into the hole to keep the spring secured , you dont want bits flying across the room ! Now , whilst firmly pressing down on the gearbox , and holding the rod in place , unscrew the rest of the hex screws. Now gently lift the top half of your mech box off. Lift the rod to unpressurise the spring. You now have complete access to all the parts in the upper gearbox.

Number three - Lower Gearbox

I am not going to go too in depth about the lower gearbox , so if I haven't mentioned something and you need help , PM me. Right , in the lower gearbox we can see:

* Gears
    * S*** ton of grease
    * Anti reversal lever
    * Trigger block

And finally the mag well. (Pretty obvious I know :p ) The lower gearbox is home to a few issues , these I will go into later. Whilst you have your gearbox open , it is a good idea to run your gears a couple of times and remove the china grease , now stick on some Abbey or similar quality gear grease.

Part Four - Common issues

Here is a list of a few common issues I have found whilst working with the Ics guns.

1. If your gun is front wired , the wires can often come into contact with the feeding tube on your magazine , causing your gun to not fire. Very mysterious seen as when you open the gearbox , everything seems to be fine. Simply move the wires , whilst the mag is inserted , and bend around the body. Hard to explain , but you will see what I mean.

2. Sometimes , your gun may not have very much battery power left and cause your gears to only spin slightly. This "Cocks" your pison half way and causes your gearbox to stall. This could be a real problem if it wasn't for the lovely "Forward assist knob" that was implemented to stop this very thing from happening. Simply plug in a battery and give it push.

Phew ! Well, that's it unfortunately as im a novice this is preety much all I can help you lot out with. I really do hope that this helps at least one person as it has taken a long time to create this :-) Overall I think ICS is a fantastic make , consistently producing quality products and I would definatley recommend them.

Have fun.
    Kieron

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
    Plato
    ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

About the Author

Collapse

Kieron Find out more about Kieron
Working...
X