Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonex LT595 feed/mag unwind issues

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help.

I bought a brand new LT595 (CQB version-about 100mm shorter than the standard carbine) about 6 months ago. Worked really well but I fancied some improvements to the grouping, so I bought a firefly hop. As soon as I installed it, my flash mags would no longer work as they did before. They unwound upon being inserted into the magwell with a horrible 'grinding' sound which I presume was due to the wide bucking lip on some firefly buckings (see vid here: )

So I presumed that the firefly bucking was junk, and that another might work better. So I got hold of a PDI AEG bucking and, before installation, checked that it wouldn't allow a BB past the lip without a little push. It didn't, so I was happy to install. I applied silicone spray to the barrel, slid on the bucking, applied more silicone to the bucking and gently pushed the barrel into the hop unit with a bit of a twist. I did, of course, check that the barrel groove married up nicely with the bucking groove and that the barrel and bucking had been pushed fully into the hop unit. I dropped some BBs down the (plastic) hop chamber from the tube running from the magazine to the barrel, and the bbs fell smoothly into the area just in front of the nozzle receptacle. Looking down the hop unit, the bucking lip formed a perfect circle. I was happy to reassemble the gun and run some test rounds...

...aand that's where it all went horribly wrong. The flash mag made the same grinding sound and the bbs double fed. Then they wouldn't feed at all. Then they would triple/quadruple feed. This was true for both semi and full auto. For the record, I am using blaster 0.25 bbs and have never had a problem with them before removing the original stock Lonex hop bucking.

Puzzled, I stripped the gun again and disassembled the hop unit. Here's where, for me, things got really wierd. The PDI hop bucking lip had stretched considerably, with BBs passing straight through the lip under gravity (as with the firefly bucking in the vid earlier).

I have also checked my nozzle. The nozzle reciprocates to the same position every time I pull the trigger on semi/auto. It is definitely shooting out air because I have tested this against a lightweight blanket, and the blanket always 'ripples' when semi or full auto is fired.

So here's my question: What's going on? Are Lonex guns simply not compatible with 3rd party hop buckings? I admit I'm a relative noob to airsoft, but I have followed tutorials (in this case, this one ) to the letter when doing maintenance etc.

If there is an obvious solution, I apologise, but I have researched this issue pretty hard and found very little, despite feed issues being pretty commonplace in airsoft.

TL DR: my new LT595 does not work since I changed the bucking. Help.
    Last edited by yamax87; 15 October, 2015, 01:34. Reason: feed, problem, bucking, hop

About the Author

Collapse

yamax87 Find out more about yamax87
Working...
X