This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TB-Stalker's technical guide thread: Preview VERY picture heave

PM rampage and get this stickyed in the tech section without the comments.

Comment

Very nice, I would have killed for this guide about 6 months back when I totally screwed up a gearbox rewire :D
      Also: Holy crap @ the grease O_O
      Looked like someone smeared pork scratchings all over it

Comment

Looks More like smeared sh*t to me

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
          Looks More like smeared sh*t to me
          The smell was pretty close!
          WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Massive help, cheers dude.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
              Pictures 9 and 10 are mixed up haha

Also, on point 24, I would advise that you DO screw the gearbox back together each time you add a new shim or take one away. You don't need all the screws, just the three closest to where the gears sit to get a sort of triangle of pressure down on them. This is a much better (but longer) way of testing the shimming, as the screws put more pressure down than you can with your hands, and also, they will hold it together completely and let you test how well the gears turn without having to hold the halves together - which would add a lot of margin for error, not good on something as precise as shimming!

Otherwise, excellent guide, and I'm sure it will prove useful to many players! Next time use a nice Marui gear box thought - all that China metal and grease was making me feel sick! Eurgh!
              I always screw the gb together to check for movement in gears for shimming. You will find it much easier to shim and check gears turn withough the anti reverse in the gear box. Put it in when you have finished.

When you take the gear box apart, befor removing the screws you need to take pressure off the spring by releasing the anti reverse lever.

When putting the gear box back together it is much easier to just use your fingers on the cylinder instead of sticking the screw driver in the spring guide. When I put casings back together I sit the top half about 2mm back (to the left) obviously tight to the spring guide the push untill they are level. Then they should just drop in place, check the gears are sitting through the bushes, same for anti reverse and trigger.

Im sure the guide will be usefull.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Its true, on the whole its basic, i could pick faults with his methods in places, lets just say you can take this a lot further should you wish to get more indepth into mechanics, but he gets accross the idea of what needs to be done, hes taken the time and effort to put it all together, and i think its a job well done.

Comment

Re: A technical guide thread: VERY picture heavy

Nice on dude....nice one!

Comment

That is so helpful - thank you mate.

Comment

This has been so helpful, I was sent a second hand gun with a siezed gearbox and piston (this wasn't mentioned!!) This thread gave me the confidence to open her up and take a look, I gave it a couple of hours today and now it's working again! :D
                      Can't thank you enough, you'll be my new go-to guy for repairs!
                      Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
                        This has been so helpful, I was sent a second hand gun with a siezed gearbox and piston (this wasn't mentioned!!) This thread gave me the confidence to open her up and take a look, I gave it a couple of hours today and now it's working again! :D
                        Can't thank you enough, you'll be my new go-to guy for repairs!
                        No problem mate, when I'm not busy at uni I will start fixing peoples rifles again. Hopefully for Christmas I will get the desktop (working off a netbook atm :S) up and running and get my HD camera on a tripod and convert this to video format. I will do a similar thing for bolt action rifles as I have full PDI internals arriving for my VSR soon :P.

If anyone has any particular versions of gearboxes they want me to do please ask.
                        WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

V3 next. Then V6 then V7 please. Can send you a V3 to do your magic on.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                          A brain?
                          Originally posted by snuff
                          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

just like to post my thanks for this guide. i've spent 2 days hard work giving my g&p a super clean, re-shim and overall clean. Also, fixing it since it destroyed itself a few months back. I probably would have done it wrong if it werent for this guide, its now running unbelievably smooth :D
                            Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
                            I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Hi Guys - I cannot see any pics - Can you advise please?

Comment

They are still there, although in he has labelled the sector and bevel gears the wrong way round.
                                Loki - Rogue Recon Unit, The Rogues

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X