Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Sector gear & Piston teeth meshing - teeth too tall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sector gear & Piston teeth meshing - teeth too tall?

Hi guys,
    Currently working on a DMR build. Whenever I put the motor in, it locks up. I removed the anti reversal latch but this did not solve the problem.

I’m my latest removal of everything, I have checked the shimming, no friction on the gears. However when the piston is inserted, it becomes very hard to turn the gears manually, with no main spring installed. With the gearbox half open, the sector gear is actually pushing up into the piston, trying to push it off its tracks. I’ve never heard of this, but is there a different height on teeth in gears? When the gearbox is all together, a pull on the trigger gradually brings the piston back about 3mm at a time. When the motor is removed, the piston and spring are held in place against a 420fps spring!

Narrowed this down a bit. The piston itself seems oversized. Really weird. No spring, no gears, just piston, cylinder, and casing, the piston is nearly stuck in place along the gearbox casing. No signs of damage to either part...

Comment

Quite common I have found. The piston rails will need to be sanded down to fit / allow free movement.
      Just be careful not to take too much off so it can rotate, rather than just be free.

Comment

Thanks Clot. Never seen or heard of it myself. Weirdly it’s a Dytac gearbox, and the piston is the same colour/style as my other Dytac gearbox, which is fine

Comment

At least its something basic and straightforward to rectify, either sand down or replace
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Well, with that done, now the cut off lever only allows for full auto or safe. Doesn’t seem to be engaging the trigger contacts. I have w feeling this ‘fully working’ gearbox I was sold was made out of random parts.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
            Working...
            X