Thompson locking up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson locking up.

My Thompson has started becoming really inconsistent. I have replaced the gears for 12:1 rocket gears, shimmed the box, replaced the nozzle with a Prometheus one, double sealed piston head and also a Prometheus bearing spring guide. i have a systema high torque motor installed anyway and now it it is really inconsistent with locking up,

it will fire on semi and full auto then all of a sudden it will lock up and the box needs stripping to get it working again. I don’t know why it is happening, has anyone had something like this before, the gears run free in the box and are not binding it is adequately lubed up with lithium grease.

it locked up and blew the fuse in it. I am running a standard 9.6v battery in the gun (brand new)

it seems to pick up the piston fine and cycle with out any problems until it will lock up. I know the gears are for a V2 / V3 but have read v2 / v3 / v6 share gears and it runs and cycles, also no marks or signs of rubbing on gears or gearbox and moving parts.

any info would help. Cheers.

About the Author

Collapse

Spoon1990 Find out more about Spoon1990
Working...
X