X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SniperSayDIE
    replied
    Re: Wont Stop Firing

Was definitely my tappet plate, i put a guarder one in and now it fires fine.

Leave a comment:

• balaclava ben
    replied

Originally posted by SniperSayDIE View Post
    Firing full auto whilst on Semi tends to be a cracked tappet plate, well at least thats what it was with my M4...
    cracked tappet or selector plate?

Leave a comment:

• SniperSayDIE
    replied

Firing full auto whilst on Semi tends to be a cracked tappet plate, well at least thats what it was with my M4...

Leave a comment:

• BioSniper
    replied

If you've not already fixed it from your first picture it looks like your selector plate is actually cracked where the cam goes (zoom the pic, it's just around the notch).
    This could result in the plate not engaging properly.

You could glue it to see if that fixes it then buy a replacement as a more permanent fix though installing them isn't fun.

Leave a comment:

• sj_asc
    replied

The spring on the selector plate should be on the guides of both the plate its self and the cut off lever, it looks a little loose.
    As for the continuous firing, I would suggest looking to the switch assembly, it's more than likely the switch block spring has detached, or something is causing the block to stick. Selecting safe is the only way to break the circuit/stop the firing.

Leave a comment:

• HuntR
    replied

Originally posted by mr lean 81 View Post
    Tappet plate is the plastic bit with the copper contacts on it in the pic. You might need to super glue the bit the spring sits on.

The spring is prob still in the gun as your fire selector felt springy on wednesday when it went tits up.
    That be the selector plate mate. Tappet plate is inside the gearbox, what retracts the air nozzle

Leave a comment:

• mr lean 81
    replied

does the tappet plate slide up to the left ok??

Leave a comment:

• TommyN2306
    replied

Originally posted by mr lean 81 View Post
    that looks all as it should I think tom, how about the cam (oval shaped wheel) on the back of the fire selector switch is that missing or not as it should be??

its the bit that moves the contacts when you change fire modes, so could be related as that looks ok
    hmmm will open it up if i get a chance, everything on the outside looks fine

Leave a comment:

• sparrowhawk
    replied

could be your trigger switch assembly

Leave a comment:

• mr lean 81
    replied

that looks all as it should I think tom, how about the cam (oval shaped wheel) on the back of the fire selector switch is that missing or not as it should be??

its the bit that moves the contacts when you change fire modes, so could be related as that looks ok

Leave a comment:

• TommyN2306
    replied

http://img443.imageshack.us/i/img00250201101071829.jpg/

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/img00248201101071829.jpg/

http://img718.imageshack.us/i/img00253201101071840.jpg/

here is a pic of the spring in question, and my gearbox! this doesnt look exactly like jezz's pic? also on the upclose pics the little spring is slid onto some kind on minature rod on the right hand side but not on the left is not very secure? nothing looks snapped? if you understand what im saying then you should be able to see in the pic if anythings damaged?

Leave a comment:

• mr lean 81
    replied

Originally posted by TommyN2306 View Post
    tappet plate?
    Tappet plate is the plastic bit with the copper contacts on it in the pic. You might need to super glue the bit the spring sits on.

The spring is prob still in the gun as your fire selector felt springy on wednesday when it went tits up.

Leave a comment:

• TommyN2306
    replied

tappet plate?

Leave a comment:

• Sam89
    replied

when this happened to me a piece of the tappet plate had snapped off and jammed the trigger in the firing position

Leave a comment:

• TommyN2306
    replied

thanks for help will look tonight, im hoping that its not been broken, it looks like it could have came off? will update! cheers for pic jezz.

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

TommyN2306 Find out more about TommyN2306
Working...
X