Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Defense RIS installation guide

Hey,

After a request, I took some images of how to instal a Daniel Defense 7" AR15 LITE rail kit.

The RIS kit is for sale here: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=107979

Most of this is easy to figure out by yourself, but as a first time RIS kit buyer it can be a quite daunting prospect.

First step starts with the body, with any delta rings/front end kits removed:

Second step is to insert the outer barrel, there are pins on the barrel, which will align with slots on the body, it will only insert fully in one position:

These Daniel Defense styled RIS kits are unique in that they attach by allen bolts. The first step is to place the base plate on the body, there are two tabs at the top which ensure you place it the correct way up:

Next you will want to screw the delta ring onto the thread to lock the base plate in place. You will want to tighten this, but not so far that you won't be able to remove it again in the future, especially if you do not have a delta removal tool (which I, and anyone needing to read this won't have):

Now you will want to tighten the RIS kit to the base plate, do this with your fingers, then tighten with an allen key (it is a standard size), tighten to the point that you feel it is secure and does not have any play, but not over tightened:

Then the rest is up to you, add the flash-hider of your liking and any RIS accessories, etc.
    WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

About the Author

Collapse

wintergraves "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson Find out more about wintergraves
Working...
X