Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Problem SA - S17 VFC

Stark Arms - S17 (Glock G17)

This gun is brand new and i have used silicon grease and oil on all the moving parts (to the best of my knowledge...which isnt great... but competent).

The slide does not return to battery (about 1/2cm short) on occasion when going forwards, moreso if the metal outer barrel is installed (it comes with two - the other is polymer) making all the gas from the mag vent from the ejection port. Which is frustrating and unpleasant.

Also, Ive noted the slide action isnt very smooth with either barrel fitted to be honest.

Anyway :

1.The recoil spring in this gun isnt great either and has one of the limpest spring guides ive ever encountered, i could remove it from its seated postion as if i was playing the 'Operation' board game. Could the problem be this spring not being strong enough or stable enough to return the slide correctly.

2.Could something like the paint on the slide rails catch, being a new pistol (this could then cause the laboured slide action possibly) and make the slide stick.

These are the only 2 things i can think of and i dont want to keep dry firing the gun, thus damaging the internals or wasting gas for that matter, so if its some other common problem i would rather just RMA it.

I know this isnt the best manufacturer by any means but i am led to believe VFC are above average, make solid RIFs and these generally run nicely straight from the box.

Any reply would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by BaggyBizzle; 29 November, 2014, 02:58.

About the Author

Collapse

BaggyBizzle Find out more about BaggyBizzle
Working...
X