Classic Army M134 Minigun HPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Army M134 Minigun HPA

I'm having serious issues with this shooting, bb's are shooting no further than five/ten meters and FPS seems to be very low..even at maximum of 120psi going through the air hose. There doesn't seem to be any obvious air leak, hop adjustment hasn't changed a thing, switching out to a bigger battery hasn't made a difference (other than the barrel spins faster). I'm absolutly stumped, help anyone!?
    Using Wolverine Storm reg, 12v battery or 14.4 lipo battery.

Your nozzle isnt fully extending into the barrel so you arent geting seal. Stip and check the springs on the nozzles and that the move freely. If not it is a damaged rubber. Is it making the usual sound when fireing ?

Comment

Yeah I heard this explanation on a YT video, so this looks like a good place to check. As for the sound, usual I don't know as this has been a problem from day one but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to sound the way it does. Kind of sounds weak/poppy or if you've ever watched the 60's movie Day of the Triffids..kind of like a Triffid.

Comment

Or someone pulling a bong

Comment

Ok it should have a crack here is a vid of mine firing

https://youtu.be/S_5yquXlC6c

Comment

Great stuff! Is this a problem you've had in the past with yours? Or have you had any other kind of issues with yours? Also when you mentioned the possibility of a damaged rubber is that a hop or a seal? Gonna brave it over the weekend and dismantle the thing to have a look.

Comment

Stripped it today, had a good look around. Nothing obvious on the nozzles and springs but will clean and lube over the weekend. BUT a big red flag when I had a look at the hop nub..(although in the case of the minigun appears to be a hop band that goes around the whole exterior of the chamber and sits in the mm groove) had broken on every point where the grub screws are adjusted to adjust hops, will look for another replacement band at a hardware store and see how I get on.

Comment

Rgr bud. I had issues with a nozzle sticking but mine is alot older than yours as it is a piper P3. When you get a source for the hop rubber I would be interested in a spare if you can point me in the right direction.

sam

Comment

Oh man! As far as hops go this set up is terrible. From what I can gather the rubber contact starts before the inner barrel as opposed to being pushed through a hole integrated within the standard inner barrels on AEGs..mind boggling why the same system wasn't used! The contact patch is tiny too, like 1mm tiny. I thought perhaps modding it so standard inner barrels and hops can be used but I can't find a way of removing each inner barrel. I'm pretty sure CA is designed on the Piper version so if you have any info on removing the inner barrels that would be great.

Comment

Actually I could be wrong about the inner barrels..they maybe are regular inner barrels but either way the hole for a nub to push through is way too small and there's no bucking or room to add a bucking to go over the barrels. I think a possible solution is to cut a T-shaped nub small enough to fit through the tiny hole with the horizontal part of the T-shape stopping it from being pushed all the way through and the vertical part pushing through the hole. All this is held in place with a large O ring approx 85mm x 2mm.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rotazd Find out more about rotazd
                    Working...
                    X