• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptes
    replied
    Re: Gas venting problem.

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
    If there's no blow back occurring, you've got other problems.
    ... go on...

Leave a comment:

• dope_on_a_rope
    replied

Originally posted by ollie2435 View Post
    Sounds like you have a case of sticking valve!! Try lubing the valve up on the mag, it could just be sticking open each time you pull the trigger ??

Ollie.
    While this thread is being revived, I'd add that a sticky valve, (if it could happen) would cause the slide to blow back as normal, while venting the gas. If there's no blow back occurring, you've got other problems.

Leave a comment:

• gundude
    replied

hey how did you get on with this?

Leave a comment:

• Mortis7432
    replied

Quite possibly a broken valve inside the blowback housing/loading nozzle.

I can't think very clearly at the moment, their may be other causes. Was it a very sudden thing when it started doing this, or was it gradually getting worse and worse over time, now wont work at all?
    I've not used the gun in a while but as far as i can remember it happened all of a sudden.

Originally posted by ollie2435 View Post
    Sounds like you have a case of sticking valve!! Try lubing the valve up on the mag, it could just be sticking open each time you pull the trigger ??

Ollie.
    Cheers Ollie - i'll give it a good clean out
    Last edited by Mortis7432; 23 September, 2010, 23:12.

Leave a comment:

• ollie2435
    replied

Originally posted by Mortis7432 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've got a TM M9 with a bit of a gas problem. The mag holds the gas and the seals are all ok with no hissing sounds ect. but when i rack the slide and fire it vents all the gas out of the barrel. It does this with and without BB's in the chamber. I've stripped it to the best of my abilities and gave it a good clean but it still has the problem.

Let me know if you know what may be causing this. If you need pics or more info let me know.

Cheers

Ollie.

Leave a comment:

• dope_on_a_rope
    replied

Quite possibly a broken valve inside the blowback housing/loading nozzle.

I can't think very clearly at the moment, their may be other causes. Was it a very sudden thing when it started doing this, or was it gradually getting worse and worse over time, now wont work at all?

Leave a comment:

• Mortis7432
    replied

I mean, does the slide move when you pull the trigger. Or is it almost completely stationary the whole time?

Guess I should also ask, what gas are you using?
    ah i see what you mean now - no the slide does not move when i pull the trigger. As for the gas i have tried 134a and green

Leave a comment:

• dope_on_a_rope
    replied

I mean, does the slide move when you pull the trigger. Or is it almost completely stationary the whole time?

Guess I should also ask, what gas are you using?

Leave a comment:

• Mortis7432
    replied

Does the slide even move?
    Yep slide moves fine - everything works as it should till i pull the trigger and its a big plume of gas

Leave a comment:

• dope_on_a_rope
    replied

Does the slide even move?

Leave a comment:

• Mortis7432
    started a topic Gas venting problem.

Gas venting problem.

Hi guys,

I've got a TM M9 with a bit of a gas problem. The mag holds the gas and the seals are all ok with no hissing sounds ect. but when i rack the slide and fire it vents all the gas out of the barrel. It does this with and without BB's in the chamber. I've stripped it to the best of my abilities and gave it a good clean but it still has the problem.

Let me know if you know what may be causing this. If you need pics or more info let me know.

Cheers

About the Author

Collapse

Mortis7432 Find out more about Mortis7432
Working...
X