Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Classic Army Metal Body Anodised or Painted???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Army Metal Body Anodised or Painted???

People of the Airsoft Interwebs...

I've got a metal Classic Army M4 body. The black coating is scratched off in places (I can scrape it off with my finger nails in places), but it looks original. Is it likely to be anodised or painted from the factory?

The trademarks look like they are on top of the black surface, so I'm assuming they are painted rather than lasered into an anodised surface. But that doesn't answer the anodised/painted question.

Any views would be greatly appreciated! I can post photos if needed.
    I'm Magic... can't remember why. I just am.

Re: Classic Army Metal Body Anodised or Painted???

If you can scrape it off, it's paint. You can scratch anodising but you can't pick it off.

"Anodising, is a electro-chemical process which converts the surface of aluminium to a film of Aluminium Oxide. The purpose is either to produce a protective/electrically insulated coating to enhance corrosion resistance or to provide a base of coloured dyeing of the metal." http://www.peterboroughplating.co.uk/
    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Re: Classic Army Metal Body Anodised or Painted???

Classic army has three or even four price ranges for their products, the first is entry level made of polymor then they have aluminium alloy of some description with painted bodies and painted trades and the top of the range which could be cnc aluminium I'm not sure but trades are milled into the metal and the external coating is more durable
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

benjacobs101 Find out more about benjacobs101
      Working...
      X