Proof of concept - Extended pistol magazine belt clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of concept - Extended pistol magazine belt clip

Had this idea yesterday at a skirmish so managed to cobble it together using some 3mm bolts & screws and some belt clips taken off 3 tape measures I bought from the local poundland

tumblr_os5k4oT1lY1rkbrrjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_os5k4oT1lY1rkbrrjo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_os5k4oT1lY1rkbrrjo5_1280.jpg

Currently just a proof of concept I will try and find some beefier belt clips (Hopefully in black).

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Re: Proof of concept - Extended pistol magazine belt clip

Fairly sure there's already a product that replaces the baseplate that does this.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised. I've seen something like this for M4 mags I believe.
      This has cost a fraction over £1 per mag to do so I figure it's a cheap hack for someone on a budget.

Comment

Well done for trying it, BUT, & it's not a criticism, I wouldn't risk/trust my pricey weighty mags on that kinda clip, I'm all for innovation but if something isn't broke then don't fix it.
        To that end even if I'm not using a rig of any kind, I'd still loop a pistol mag pouch on to my belt, guaranteed mag security & placement.
        No point trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

Comment

Yeah the clips I'm using currently aren't ideal, but I'm sure something far more suitable and secure will come my way. They don't even have to be clipped onto a belt. They could be used to clip to the lip of a trouser pocket with the mag inside the pocket. I carry mags in pockets a lot so even with the current clip, I think this will work well for me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

McKillmore Just a grown man running around playing with toy guns. Pew pew! Find out more about McKillmore
          Working...
          X