Suggestions for a new motor. 14:1 gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a new motor. 14:1 gears

Hi! Im currently in the process of uppgrading my AEG last game i played my motor got hot in my hand and i was shooting 240 fps 28gr bbs and a 110 spring. So im guessing something isnt right. Anyhow i need a new motor for my build. Im running 14:1 gears and 110 or 120 spring. Motor im currently using is a SHS high torque motor 16 TPA and it gets really hot after i spam the semi for a while. Im running a titan mosfet and a 11.1 2250 mah lipo with 25c, Thanks for reading.

I would advise trying to optimise your seal and or cylinder to barrel volume ratio so that you can achieve better efficiency from your rated spring.
    240fps w/.28g is ~0.75j, and with a M110 rated spring, you should be a lot closer to 1.2j.

The lower ratio gears increase the load on the Motor regardless of spring rate, so if you can make refinements to the seal then you can use a lighter spring which will in turn mean that your motor pulls less amps and thus run cooler and cycle rates will also increase.

With that said, depending on the desired characteristics of the gun (trigger response or rate of fire), a different motor would be a better pairing.

The initial start up of the motor is where most amps are drawn, and the peak amp draw of the 16T motor will be significantly higher than a 22T, so if you are prioritising semi auto response and battery life, the 22T would be a better suited pairing regardless.

It’s worth also noting that a heavily loaded 16T is going to saturate the amp capacity of that battery pack.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Yeah so the issue with the seal was the nozzle. The o-ring was worn out and i replaced it with a maxx model one. Airseal is great with 320-330 fps Thanks for the answer! ill look into a 22T motor.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Goben Find out more about Goben
      Working...
      X