Clear All

• Kydex holster making

Dd you try any other sites similar to them,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Kydex holster making

Originally posted by xora View Post
      Hi,

I love Tm special the 4.3 and the 5.1 hi-capa.

Can you put pictures of the Tokyo Marui M&P9 holster?

Can i put the kydex on my tokyo marui hi-capa 5.1 with a polymer frame? I will damage the frame?

Thanks
      Best Regards,
      Originally posted by xora View Post
      Hi,

Very good job!

Regards!
      I will get you a picture of the M&P9 Holster as soon as it arrives yes no problem.

Those pictures Rubi-Tong posted are of my Hi-Capa 4.3 holster he made for me that I am now having remade in the same style for the M&P so it should be very similar to that one.

Comment

Looking for a bit of advice, I made a kydex holster for my Glock 18c a few months ago and used EVA foam camping mats for the foam press. The problem is it left the shape of the gun indented in the foam so i assume it is a single use type of foam. Is there an alternative foam that I can use multiple times?
        TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
        TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

I have used camping mat foam or similar and had the same thing happen, I found cutting it into suitable size squares and layering it means that although I can see the print still it wasn't sufficient enough to cause a problem with the moulding of new items.
          sigpic

Comment

Time for a quick revive!
            After no luck finding a holster to fit my 93R with surefire x200 my mate donated a couple small sheets of kydex so I had to have a go.

Equipment -
            Oven
            Cushions
            Chopping board
            Body weight
            Gloves

1. First Mold
            Definition obviously wont be as good as with a purpose made press but I wouldn't want to put the pistol under that much pressure and I didn't want to make a dummy just for molding.

2. Shaping and eyelets

3. Rear Side

Bladetech Molle-Lok Gen2 - Great quality - very sturdy - snappy mechanism

4. Molle-Lok

5. Mechanism

6. HSGI Drop Leg

7. Finished

8. Test Fit

Curve panel fits the HSGI drop leg perfectly - No movement at all. Paddles look a little oversized but the next stage is building mag holsters either side.

Still need to remove old sidearm from battle belt or maybe relocate elsewhere - Backup for my backup :D

Thoughts

Great retention - adjusting small sections is very easy with a hairdryer rather than remolding the whole thing. Fantastically easy to sand and shape - edges can be tidied by drawing a blade perpendicular along the edge.

As a one off project its almost certainly cheaper having one made. I think an equivalent holster would have cost around £80 from what Ive seen other users post. I had fun with it though and as the kydex was free it was still worth it. For those looking to buy eyelet setting tools - don't buy from UK or US - prices are a joke for two tiny bits of metal. Lots of German sites online as there is a big knife making community over there.
            When searching look for "Ösen" (eyelets)

I got mine from here:

http://www.com2you-biwak.de/

Comment

Well, I started this thread several years ago as I too didn't want to pay over the odds for what incoyld do myself.
              Done quite a few for people on here too until life, work and family got in the way.
              Just getting back into skirmish so needed to drag the old press out again.
              Yep I think I've still got it lol.

Glock 34 with a Nuprol Nx200

ASG P09.

Both 2mm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -Archer- View Post
                Looking for a bit of advice, I made a kydex holster for my Glock 18c a few months ago and used EVA foam camping mats for the foam press. The problem is it left the shape of the gun indented in the foam so i assume it is a single use type of foam. Is there an alternative foam that I can use multiple times?
                The proper stuff is 1inch silicone foam. Nothing will last however, even the proper stuff will last around 20 presses and even that leaves depressions.

Comment

Been 'dabbling' with kydex as well these are a few I've made so far .

And totally agree you just can't do it with out a press of some sort .
                  From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post
                    Been 'dabbling' with kydex as well these are a few I've made so far .

And totally agree you just can't do it with out a press of some sort .
                    Yeah a press makes all the difference. Mines just 2 pieces of kitchen worktop, 2 pieces of Silicone foam and 4 G-clamps.
                    Tools I use a dremel and a small belt sander. Makes shaping them so much easier.

Comment

Mines even simpler , two pieces of old floor board , 6 holes drilled through both pieces at one end , thread string through the holes so I can very the height depending on what I'm shaping then eny thing from 2-6 layers of kip-mat with a piece of kitchen foil laid over the contact piece to act as insulation from the hot kydex and a bigass squeeze clamp on the other end . I use a heat gun to soften the kydex .
                      Yup dremel for me too but I have recently treated my self to grinder/belt sander so this really makes a difference as well .
                      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

• Well done quite a bit in the last few months, Evo mag pouches...multi adjustable for angle and tension, can be worn inverted.
                        Several holsters too.
                        Next is a membraneless vac form press. And 3D printed formers to get the business production off to a flying start. Aiming for around 10 a day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rubi-tong Find out more about rubi-tong
                        Working...
                        X