Pdi hop up giving no hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdi hop up giving no hop

Hi there i have a pdi hop up and when i fire my L96 it is going around 40ft and dropping. I have all the o-rings installed correctly and all the little grub screws in. I did notice that the arms after the installation of the nub and o ring were still pointing up at the ends meaning that i cant adjust the hop. I put the spring on and it seemed to force them down but still nothing. Is there a way of trimming the nub or have i done something wrong ?
    CSM

Re: Pdi hop up giving no hop

Have you unscrewed the tiny grub screws near the end of the cylinder head. Unscrew for hop, in for less.
    To do this, remove firing pin, slide out cylinder a short way, turn gun over and adjust near the mag well/ where the old hop was.
    The only other thing I can think is that the o ring round the arms isn't there maybe?
    Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

I think i am a bit of a noob to this but the nub seems to be sitting on the rubber and does the barrel with the slot cut out of it not the groove where you slide the bucking on have to be lined up with the nub so it sits in that groove ? all i can think of might be wrong but i'll try it

Comment

Yup that sounds right.
        The barrel should have a "gap" near the end. The rubber will have a dent in it where the hop is. This bit should be in the gap so the nub can push on the rubber through to the BB.
        The rubber will have a slot on the under side which lines up and slots into the underside of the barrel.
        If you really can't figure it out I'll take some pictures of mine if you so need.
        Cheers
        Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Ah it was the incorrectly fitted barrel thanks for your help The Dr !

Comment

NP happy shooting people.
            Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Is the Madbull red shark bucking good for a PDI and Madbull tightbore or the blue shark any ideas ?

Comment

Blue gives more FPS than a Red but Red gives more hop.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CSM Find out more about CSM
                Working...
                X