L96 Compression problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 Compression problems

Hi there i have a upgraded l96 with laylax spring,spring guide,piston and piston head. It cocls back and forward fine but when i fire there is a hissing noise from the cylinder, i think it's and airleak. but i looked and there are some scratches and grooves on the cylinder head but nothing major. Could it be the o ring around the cylinder head as there i a chunk missing out of it ? It only hisses when i pull the trigger and if i hold the trigger then I can hear the air pumping out the cylinder. Anyone had this problem before or can you see a solution

Re: L96 Compression problems

If its hissing then that sounds like a small hole venting a lot of pressure rather than a general leakiness. Going from that and saying you may have a faulty air seal, then a bit of teflon tape and a new o ring may well be worth trying.

Just be caresful with teflon tape that you don't over wrap it and split or warp the cylinder tightening up with the thickened head.

Comment

Ok i will try a new o ring in it

Comment

Ah ha ! i found the problem, the cylinder is fine all the parts in it too. The problem is in my new PDI and tightbore the Hop rubber is a bit worn and they were blocking the inside of the rubber and there were 2 0.4's stuck and the air was being squeezed out against the bb's which would explain the hissing sound and the low vibration because there was no way the air could come out as the bucking was bunched up. Any good rubber ideas ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CSM Find out more about CSM
        Working...
        X