Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui l96 AWS upgrading troubles

Hi everyone!

as you can see from the title i have been having problems with my l96, i bought from Laylax.com a PSSL96 spring guide and high pressure piston, to go along with the vsr 150 spring that i was recommended zero in. I shortened the spring a bit to make sure it fitted as best it could and then installed them in the stock cylinder. now with the gun fully assembled again, it only manages to lock back every 2-3 attempts at pulling the bolt back, it seems like the cylinder isn't being allowed to pull back as far as it needs to be in order for it to lock back.
    any help would really be appreciated guys,
    thanks for reading!

Re: Tokyo Marui l96 AWS upgrading troubles

So the piston is not catching the sear. There's a few reasons but first, please state all upgrades and manufacture?

Comment

the upgrades would be a Laylax PSSL96 Piston L96AWS, a LayLax(FIRST) PSSL96 Damper Cylinder Head for Marui L96AWS, a LayLax(FIRST) PSSL96 Spring Guide for marui L96AWS, and a Laylax PSS10 150 Spring for TM VSR-10. these are the only upgrades, everything else is stock.
      thanks.

Comment

It appears that you haven't upgraded the trigger mechanism? When upping the FPS on a sniper rifle, particularly a Marui, one of the most essential parts is new, reinforced sears. This can be done by either buying the Sears alone and fitting them in the original trigger, or buying a custom trigger, such as a Laylax Zero Trigger.
        sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

I upgraded my tm l96 with all the same parts as you plus a few. Firstly, your spring is still too long. You need to shorten it by a little (make it just about as long as the stock spring). A;ternatively, you can take the 3 rings off the laylax spring guide. This might possibly work, but you will likely need to cut the spring down. I assume you have the pdi springs that fit on the small l96 spring guide? (7mm i think). If not, i will pm you the one which fit and i use. Bear in mind that the Tm l96 cylinder has a smaller volume than the vsr cylinder, so a cut down 150 spring might still give 500 fps (smaller volume cylinder creates higher pressure for the same spring). Once you have the piston catching on your piston sear (the action locks back properly), your build is still not over however. You will need to replace the piston and cylinder sear for steel ones, aswell as the cylinder stopper. Try the diamond sears (not the laylax zero trigger as i have bought it, and it slam fires out the box!!) They are easy to install. The vsr piston sear is identical to the l96 piston sear. But i am unsure about the trigger sear. Tm VSR cylinder stopper should fit with a very small amout of sanding. Hope this helps, Jonny.

Comment

Yep replace the sears.

If doing under 400 fps you'll get away with just replacing the piston sear. If over then replace both trigger and piston sear.

Comment

Just read a review. I think just the piston sear is vsr compatible.

Apparently the trigger sear is longer than the vsr version it I can't be sure.

Comment

Thanks for all of your help guys! New sears are on the way

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

benladen99 Find out more about benladen99
                Working...
                X