L96 Barrel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 Barrel question

So i got my PDI with a tightbore and i think it is too long as the stock barrel is 498mm long and this is 590mm so does cutting it down help increase performance as the upgrades are all made for the stock barrel length.
    Thanks CSM

Re: L96 Barrel question

Only if you cut it well, .01mm of an overhang will start to affect your accuracy a lot.
    Btw i hear that 6.05s are the best for snipers...
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yea 6.05 gives the best stability over the long distance.
      590 can work just get a really long silencer and put the barrel through it.
      Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

If youve done the hop mod, ive got a 509mm 6.05 barrel sat here...
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

As, The Dr. states, best thing to do is not cut it but buy a silencer adapter and a silencer. The barrel will then pass through into the silencer, job done.

Comment

Ok but i thought you had to get a bore up kit as the parts are made for 498mm not 590mm ?

Comment

What do you mean bore up kit?
              Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

my advise dont cut the barrel unless you can do it exactly right (leagth and straight) use a suppresor on the end to cover the end sticking out it will look and shoot pretty good :D

Comment

First off mate

The l96 doesn't need a bore up kit for the type of barre your using

Secondly the pdi unit doesn't need any mod as it allows you to use AEG barrels and hop rubber

Thirdly you can cut is to 500mm with a pipe cutter making sure its level and square

Finally you don't need length to hit a target you need consistency and barrel stability
                  That is what the pdi unit and inner barrel spacers are for

I've had confirmed hits upto and exceeding 100m using a warrior l96 mkII

Just make sure the hop rubber is a HARD type as your shooting over 400

So mad bull shark red hop rubbers work best I've found

Comment

When a sniper says over 100m he really means about 80m.
                    I have hit someone at about 90m but the wind was behind me and it was downhill.
                    And yes the barrel length doesn't matter to much. VSRs have a shorter barrel and are really good.
                    Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Ok i lost my booster spring from my PDI so i will put some pen spring in it and i will hopefully get some decent range with 0.4's or 0.36's i got 2 Red madbull rubbers and they are good so hopefully i will get at least 70m with a 0.36 i hope

Comment

Originally posted by The Dr View Post
                        When a sniper says over 100m he really means about 80m.
                        I have hit someone at about 90m but the wind was behind me and it was downhill.
                        And yes the barrel length doesn't matter to much. VSRs have a shorter barrel and are really good.
                        no mate, when a sniper says over hundred metres recorded its over 100m ranged with a falcon range finder ....

the spring wont effect range mate, is the hop unit that effects the range and accuracy combined with the TB barrel or inner bore size,
                        the spring is just the thing that puts the bb out at a faster speed ...

also if your stuck about upgrades read the big thread on type 96s rifles as many if not all info about parts needed is in that

Comment

It's a spring that presses on the hop arms and then on the nub then affecting the performance of the BB not the actual spring itself.

Comment

Well if it was with a falcon range finder you should be able to tell me the precise distance.
                            Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Oh who cares! Just tell the guy what he wants to know. This isn't a thread for debating about what ranges you got.
                              Originally posted by psirus101
                              I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CSM Find out more about CSM
                              Working...
                              X