TM VSR Stiff bolt pull.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR Stiff bolt pull.

Not sure if this has been covered before. I've got 2 stock VSR GSpecs and decided to upgrade. I drilled the cylinder dead pin out replaced the spring guide, spring, piston, trigger sear and piston sear with SHS parts and the cylinder head with a laylax one. I've filed the inside of the trigger mech to accommodate the sears. Now am not sure if this is normal but the bolt action is really stiff. It's hard to pull back and even harder to push forward. It's that bad I need to rest the butt on my knee to pull it back. It sounds a lot like metal rubbing on metal. Is there some lubricant I've forgotten to apply at some step? Any help very appreciated.

Cheers

Adam (alias)

Re: TM VSR Stiff bolt pull.

sounds to me like either your spring guide stopper has sheared or is simply not in the right position, alternatively you may have dislodged the nylon O'rings in the receiver i'd suggest taking the cylinder out of the receiver and checking if there are any scratches on it to figure out where the damage is coming from.

My suggestion would be to strip it down again and put it back together just incase.

Comment

What piston are you using? This happened on one of my VSR's that i tried an ASP UK piston in, which im guessing is the one your using, nevertheless the problem sounds like it needs greasing - apply gun grease to the whole of the piston, and around the O - ring, that should sort it, it sorted mine.

If it continues after that pm me and i'll pick my brains some more.

Rich
      sigpic

Comment

have you checked if the sears are too wide for the cylinder?
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Before I use it on my GSpec is it this oil?
          Attached Files

Comment

no thats a mineral oil you need a silicone oil,mineral oil will swell all the rubber components and tern them to jelly,hope you get this in time

Comment

Thick silicon grease on outside of cylinder.

Silicon spray grease inside cylinder (not too much though).

Comment

Got it in time cheers. I've got silicone spray I'll get hold of silicone grease ASAP.

Comment

I use a mix of white lithium bike grease and a couple drops of silicon oil for my bolt. What it sounds like is the piston and spring guide being out of place ever so slightly, it affects the push a lot... Also try tightening the cocking handle.

All in all: Strip, re-grease and put it back together again, and keep taking it apart and keep putting it back together again until it works.
                  sigpic

Comment

When u say white lithium grease do u mean the 3in1 spray or the stuff that comes in tubs?

Comment

Stuff that comes in a squeezable tube, there's a fleabay seller who sells the stuff in a green tube, fairly cheap too, works an absolute charm.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alias Been Airsofting since september '06 Find out more about Alias
                      Working...
                      X