Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDI Hop up installation guide With picutres for TYPE 96

Hi there.
    I would thought i would throw together a installation guide for the PDI Hop up for the Type 96 chamber. The pics are off google and other sources but i thought i would put them on here so everyone can see it.
    What will come in the packet:
    -Chamber
    - Metal Collar
    -2 Hopup Arms W/pin that goes through them
    -Large O ring
    -Medium O ring
    - Small O ring
    -Two small Hex screws- around 2.5 mm long
    -Two large Hex screws- around 5mm long
    -Nub
    -Booster Spring

#1.
    The installation of the small o ring. Alot of people say it takes around 1/2 hour but if you do it right then it takes 5-10 minutes.
    groove for PDI.jpg
    This is where the small o ring will slot into if you drop it in just in front of the grub screw holes.
    The trick is to put a pencil in the other end where the barrel would be. This will stop it flipping over in the chamber and it should go in easily. This must be installed correctly as otherwise your Type 96 will lose alot of power around here as this is where your nozzle is.

#2.
    This is the installation of the medium o ring.
    This simply slots in the end where the barrel would be this is to ensure maximum air seal around the barrel.

#3.
    The installation of the arms and pin.
    Simple. Flip the chamber over and it should look like this
    PDI arms.jpg
    Looking to the far left of the chamber there is a small hole that goes throught from left to right. This is where the arms go. Firstly put the pin in. Then put in one arm and go through the hole on the arm. Then the other arm goes in level with the other and the pin is simply pushed through. I do it with an allen key as it is quite tricky.

#4.
    The installation of the grub screws. 5MM
    These go in the two holes shown in the picture where the o ring groove was. These adjust the actual Hop
    Screw them out= MORE HOP
    Screw them in= LESS HOP
    However screw them out too far and you will distort your screws and damage your cylinder head so do 1/4 turns

#5.
    This is where your barrel and Hop rubber are put together. align the groove on the barrel with the groove in the hop rubber.
    Put the barrel in with the cut out groove which the rubber aligns with facing towards the floor. The cut out hole facing the arms which the nub will sit in.

#6.
    With the barrel in with the cut out hole in the arms put in the silicone piece which will sit on your rubber. center it like so in the picture. It should look like that so fat
    PDI Side.jpg

The installation of the two 3mm short grub screws and the metal collar
    These two screws go in either side of the barrel to secure it and keep it centered. The collart ensure the barrel and rubber stays aligned and keeps the air flow good.
    PDI collar.jpg

#8.
    The large o ring
    This wraps around the arms and sits in another groove on the outside of the chamber. Like so in the picture:
    P8160378.jpg

#9.
    The installation of the booster spring
    This will give more hop if needed so if your using 0.43's for example. I lost mine so i used a spring from a pen and cut it down. The advantage is you can make it shorter or longer so you can use heavy bb's but try not to lose it !
    chamber002.jpg
    Keep it in the center of the arms at the far end of where you put the pin for the arms

There you go ! done and dusted hopefully this should help you all
    Thanks CSM

Re: PDI Hop up installation guide With picutres for TYPE 96

good guide! i wrapped an elastic band around mine instead of the o ring so didnt need the little fiddly spring

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

True no tape and when you take it apart no spring flying out :D

Comment

just wondering, is this hop unit compatible withe the stock parts of a warrior?
        I know you have to change the barrel and rubber, but do you also have to change the cylinder and cylinder head?

Comment

Should only need barrel and rubber change

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

its compatible with all the maruzen clones without the need to change anything bar the barrel and hop rubber.
            unless you have the time and patiance to tinker a lot i would consider a different hop unit..this takes a lot of fiddling to get good results,but can show some great results if tuned well.
            user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Can anyone tell me what size allen wrench is used to adjust the hop? I have one that fits, but it is to short to be practical. If anyone can tell me the size of the allen wrench I can get a longer one.

Cheers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CSM Find out more about CSM
              Working...
              X