X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new VSR with upgrades low FPS

Hi internet!

could someone help me please
    I have just brought a new TM VSR10 for my second gun. My local site has a 500fps limit on bolt actions snipers so I brought these upgrades to go with it:

-Laylax PSS10 150 Spring
    -Laylax Prometheus 6.03 mm Tightbore (430 mm for Pro and Real Shock versions)
    -Laylax PSS10 Zero Trigger (includes Orange High Pressure Piston)
    -Laylax PSS10 Spring Guide

I have installed all these parts and it has chrono between 300-400fps using 0.2BBs trying various different things:
    with different amounts of grease little too lots
    PTFE tape around the cylinder head
    different amount of hop up
    some spacers in front of the spring
    I tried a sp170 spring of a mates just to see if they sent me the wrong spring
    the stock and the O ring that comes with the orange piston

I'm kinda stuck on what to do next have I done something completely wrong? or haven't got the correct parts?

Thanks
    Tom

Re: new VSR with upgrades low FPS

firstly mate,

the FPS is meant to be checked with the hop fully off for a truer reading

also, have you upgraded any other parts internally as you will lose power if many internals are stock when some are upgraded

first suggestion to you is to stop the air leaks from the cylinder by greasing it well and lubing the piston oring with silicon grease or spray,
    also do the same with the cylinder head ( pressuming its upgraded ) if you had to drill the pin from the cylinder head there is your problem as you've gone too far

Comment

300-400 fps is very inconsistent! Defo air leak. With that setup i would expect around 480-520 depending on air seal.

Drilling into the cylinder head isn't a problem. If you have managed to drill a crater in the cylinder head just fill with super glue (crude but works).

Next re-wrap ptfe tape around cylinder head thread.

However i think the leak is your hop rubber or o-ring.

As you have changed the barrel, have you used a sniper or aeg barrel? If you have an aeg barrel you'll need to replace the hop unit.

Out of interest, have you chronoed with the stock barrel?

moving on...

Rebuild the hop and wrap ptfe tape around the end of the hop rubber onto the barrel, about 4 wraps shoudl do it.

silicon spray is best for inside the cylinder.

It could be air slipping round the piston meaning the oring isnt working too good. However it is recommended to use the o-ring that came with the stock piston - so dont use the one that came with the orange laylax piston - swap it for the original one!

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the quick response

there is a slight crater in the cylinder head so I think this could be the issue!

should I get a ASPUK VSR STEEL CYLINDER HEAD as I have read in some guides that LAYLAX CYLINDER HEAD does not fit on the stock cylinder?

I did most of the chrono with zero hopup and the barrel is the correct one for the vsr10.

when I make an order I will order a LONEX VSR-10 BUCKING hopup rubber to help with the heaver BBs. would there been anything else anyone would advise changing at this time?

Thanks
        Tom

Comment

Who told you the Laylac PSS10 cylinder head doesn't fit the stock cylinder? That's poppycock, I have a spare one and both of them fit on the stock cylinder!

For the heavier BB's I would recommend the eagle 6 hop arm and a firefly hard hop rubber.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tinytom Find out more about Tinytom
          Working...
          X