Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fps readings

Good evening all,
    Could someone please tell me whether people are taking there FPS readings on their VSR10's with the hop up on or off, as this seems to make a big difference. I have recently finished building a complete laylax'd TM G spec and dont really know if it is about on par power wise. I think I have good compression, no air leaks 170 spring. do you need to grease the inside of the teflon cylinder?

Chrono'd Blaster .2g hop off
    1= 480 fps
    2= 484 fps
    3= 486 fps

Same bb's as above hop on
    1= 527 fps
    2= 524 fps
    3= 520 fps

madbull heavy .36 hop on
    1= 423 fps
    2= 430 fps
    3= 426 fps

Any feedback appreciated.

Re: Fps readings

Are you sure you havent got the hop on and off results the wrong way round?

Comment

Yer as above as hop on curses more friction and reduces fps not increase

Comment

I don't think I have the results the wrong way round. On the VSR hop lever all the way to the front of the rifle means hop off ! and then to put the required hop on move the lever towards you when the rifle is shouldered.

Comment

I agree with smiley face guy.... But the VSRs at work have the same hop as yours so you have got it right mate.

Comment

Am I right in thinking the hop on/off is correct then ? and are these fps readings about right for the spring. i know all the bits need time to settle in and the firefly (hard) rubber has only had about 100 round through it.

Cheers guys.

Comment

Yeah it happens with most rifles they start with a lot of fps and reduce over the years so with new cylinder heads and hop buckings can create maximum air seal and give very high power as all the o rings and seals are new and not been used so they have more potential and as the hop on or off all guns true fps is when no nub so hop off is pressing down meaning there is nothing blocking the airflow so no backspin is made meaning more air pressure behind the bb. Hope that makes sense
              CSM

Comment

I thought that if the hop up was on and correct, the FPS would increase as the air seal would be better espsecially on the higher powered vsr. where as no hop would be a poor air seal around the bb. Would I be right in thinking full hop would slow down fps as there would be a lot of friction on the bb.

Comment

I think so as most guns should be chroned with hop off to get a true reading as then it is just the bb and effectively air nothing interfering with it.

Comment

Surely the gun should be chrono'd with the hop set as it is going to be used.

As for the hop-on number being higher: I can see why it might.
                    If there's resistance to the BB moving, there's more air coming from the cylinder than can escape around the BB, so the pressure will build up a bit behind it until it suddenly overcomes that resistance, propelling the BB faster than it might have if it accellerated slowly. Same principle with gunpowder - it only goes bang if the expansion is temorarily restrained by a casing. Otherwise if fizzles.

That's why the gun should be chrono'd with the hop set as it is going to be used.

Comment

^^ This
                      Should always be chronoed with the hop set as you would have it in game.
                      Stops the less honest amongst us fiddling their hop to cheat the chrono.
                      We are made to fire a couple of shots downrange before chrono to make sure its set right

Comment

Cheers for the replys,

I'm not one to cheat the chrono or anything like that as it is an honesty game, I just didnt know if people were chrono'ing their guns with hop on or off! when they were saying my gun fires at ???? with my gun set up for .2g i would use less hop and my fps would less than stated above. it is around 495/500fps, but if it is set for .36g then it as stated above. I just really wanted to know if my results are on par with other VSR users?

Comment

Yeah mine is fully upgraded and it's 497 nearly every shot with a 0.2 and I use 0.4 so it is lowered a lot but they are on par with mine

Comment

Cheers CSM, what spring are you using in yours.

Comment

Had the same issue with the vsr myself, hop on produced more fps. Weird one but as explained its probably due to a greater seal.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Chrome Avenger Find out more about The Chrome Avenger
                              Working...
                              X